cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Send Picture MMS after Port

ACanadianUser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

Recentely ported my Galaxy S3, Android 4.4.2 from Telus without unlocking it. Calls, regular texts, and data seem to be working. Recieving pictures via MMS seems to work as well, however, I appear to be unable to send pictures messages via MMS. This used to work while on Telus.

After consulting the forum, I've tried:

Verifying my APN settings

-Verified APN settings. APN Type suggested to leave blank but I must choose at least one of Internet, MMS, or DUN. Internet + MMS + DUN selected.

Adding another APN 

With and without removing mms from the APN type in the main Public APN. Both APNs are still in my phone (along with the two from Telus that I cannot delete or modify). Later in that thread, users suggested overwriting the telus APN, but mine seems to be read-only.

Updating my smsc via *#*4636*#*#

-Phone returns 'Connection Problem or invalid MMI Code' - no luck

Reviewing the APN Type

- default,mms,supl is suggested, and my settings are Internet + MMS + DUN

I have not actually tried removing and re-inserting the SIM.

Please let me know if there is something I've missed.

11 REPLIES 11

Good to hear that you MMS issue resolved
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ACanadianUser

Sooo.....Smiley Embarassed

I tried SIgnal and after setting it up, found that sending MMS messages was working. Wondering why, I checked its Manual MMS settings, and noticed that its MMSC defaulted to http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc which looked a bit different than my APN setting where I had alisredirect...

After resetting my APNs to default and using the correct MMSC value, things seem to be working fine and no extra APN is required.

ACanadianUser

An update: I've found that my SMSC number matched the one on the other thread by checking the settings in the messaging app so will ignore the invalid MMI Code.

@Mary_M, can you confirm the APN Name: CA<space><dash><space>Public Mobile MMS? I've tried spaces and no spaces around the dash.

ACanadianUser

Thanks for the replies all!

I've now downloaded Textra, but have the same issues. I'll try the reviewing the two linked pages at lunch before trying to swap SIMs.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @ACanadianUser,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to send MMS, let's take a look into this together! Can you please visit this post on the community? Multiple members have faced this issue, and all related to one special character in the APN (the slash in between CA and Public Mobile, please check it out): http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-send-or-receive-MMS/m-p/67317#M17055

If you are still facing trouble sending picture messages, please send me your phone number via private message and we'll further investigate.

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

hnisha
I think you might want to contact a MOD like @Shazia_K

She might be able to see if it's a connection issue from there end.

@computergeek541
"Incoming and outgoing MMS both come through the same APN setting. If that setting were incorrect, you wouldn't be able to receive them either."

That's true two options for him first try sim in different phone if mms works on other phone then it's a phone issues if doesn't then I would get moderators involved to find a reason of this issue to send a private msg click on @Shazia_K then scroll down all the way click on send a private msg with phone number and email account with issue you been having we have great moderators working they will look after you hopefully
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@ACanadianUser wrote:

Hi All,

Recentely ported my Galaxy S3, Android 4.4.2 from Telus without unlocking it. Calls, regular texts, and data seem to be working. Recieving pictures via MMS seems to work as well, however, I appear to be unable to send pictures messages via MMS. This used to work while on Telus.

Incoming and outgoing MMS both come through the same APN setting. If that setting were incorrect, you wouldn't be able to receive them either.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Also try your sim in different phone see if u able to send mms on other phone if you can then it's a issue in hardware if not then try to reset your phone and see if that work if nothing work then send a quick msg to mod dept by private msg at @Shazia_K hopefully they can give you better advice

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Google helped me locate this site.  See if this helps.  I have never ever encountered such an error, so I have no personal experience to share and I don't warrant the advice on this site as being a solution. 

http://www.mobipicker.com/fix-connection-problem-invalid-mmi-code-android-devices/

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ACanadianUser Have you tried using a different messaging app?

Need Help? Let's chat.