cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYMENT METHOD SUPPORT

MobileCustomer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have money on my PREPAID CREDIT CARD. I put my information into the required information section and it doesn't process. This is the first time this has ever happened. Help! Yes - I checked again to make sure there is money on the card.

25 REPLIES 25

MobileCustomer

MUSKBIRD asks for my addie. I'm just going to pick my butt up and get a voucher. 😅

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @MobileCustomer 

not me.  I prefer traditional voucher as there is no service fees

Many of the companies that do sell the traditional vouchers do charge a service fee.  In the case of Muskbird, the fee is often lower if using e-transfer to pay than that of physical store.

MobileCustomer

I like that also. Having an online option is useful when you can't or don't want to go into a store. 

MobileCustomer

Thank you. I'm going to try MUSKBIRD RTR, right now. 

hi @MobileCustomer 

not me.  I prefer traditional voucher as there is no service fees

@MobileCustomer wrote:

Have you used it successfully from January 2024 to now? I'm curious bc of how Public Mobile isn't accepting other payment options.

Muskbird works fine. Public Mobile still accepts vouchers and real time vouchers.

MobileCustomer

Have you used it successfully from January 2024 to now? I'm curious bc of how Public Mobile isn't accepting other payment options.

hi @MobileCustomer 

yes, they charge you on your credit card.

then they top up your PM account within 30 mins

MobileCustomer

Thank you for letting me know I can get a Voucher from Canadian Tire. I will use it when I need it. For now, I want to use MUSKBIRD.com. With  Public Mobile RTR/ instant payment do they take the funds from my credit card and pay instantly? This is all new to me.

IH @MobileCustomer 

Public Mobile Canada is for voucher.  Public Mobile RTR is instant payment

but for instant payment, you can also go to Canadian Tire for that.  I think it is way cheaper with CT

MobileCustomer

First time hearing about MUSKBIRD.com. I'm considering using it. Do I select Public Mobile Canada or Public Mobile RTR ? What's the difference?

MobileCustomer

Thank you. Apparently, since Dec 2023 there have been 2 options 1. credit card on file works 2. Voucher only. The company doesn't tell anyone this, I had to learn it from a user in this chat.

[ ..... Luddite]

Shadow36

I never issue paying with my debit Visa card.until today went to add funds to my account there was no option to do that just by voucher payment to top up your account.

@MobileCustomer did you try using nith browser and app?? And try using it on a computer instead of just on the phone 

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MobileCustomer 

Unfortunately agents are no longer able to add or update credit card info only remove card info. I have had the same issue and my only solution has been to add a valid regular credit card that I keep on hold until a payment is necessary. My son uses muskbird.com for payments using the automatic top ups (RTR) option.

MobileCustomer

Thank you for your clear and concise response. I've been at this since 5:50 and their direct message customer service has just left my message on read. 

@Lairdo 

I'm aware of several PM customers using pre-paid debit w/o problems...for years.

Lairdo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve had problems in the past with pre-paid cards on here as well. visa/mastercard debit or regular credit card are all that will work. 

@MobileCustomer 

use this link to message Customer Support..they will provide help. Give them as much account info as you can recall ie; ph #, account #, name, PM pin #..etc

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

MobileCustomer

I keep getting the error message to try again later. There is nothing wrong with the card. It's simply not accepting it. This is the first time this has ever happened. Yes I called the card company to ensure there is money on the account. I'm paying 4 months in advance like I usually do. It's not accepting the payment method at this time. I'm wondering if it's a system error.

MobileCustomer

Everywhere accepts prepaid credit cards. I've had this account for over 2 years and have only ever paid with a prepaid credit card. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I am Not sure pre-paid cards are acceptable by PM.

I might be wrong but only Real credit cards and debit visa/master are acceptable. And vouchers, of course.

MobileCustomer

January 19th. I've waited past the renewal date before. You have 3 months to renew.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MobileCustomer 

when is renewal date ? If tonight..it'll renew as long as there's sufficient funds on that card.

Need Help? Let's chat.