cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P. E. I. Mobile Data - Hurricane Fiona

JeffDoc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With Hurricane Fiona 🌀 having knocked out power in Prince Edward Island, we may be (according to Maritime Electric) without power for days or even weeks & no WiFi...so we're all relying on mobile data for everything. TELUS, Koodo, Rogers,  Fido Mobile & Eastlink have all announced data overage forgivness for their customers for the rest of this week. I know PM doesn't have overages, we just get cut off when we reach our data limit but would they maybe uncap our data for the week or add a bunch of extra gigs to our plans?  

Is there any help coming for we loyal Public Mobile customers? 

20 REPLIES 20

JeffDoc

I'm happy to report that I got a text from Public Mobile today with a link the info in the attached screenshot.  

SmartSelect_20221001-003204_Chrome.jpg

@dolphingirl303- Well...there've been a few. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canada_hurricanes

I certainly sympathize though. Wow.

That other user was completely oblivious to all of this. He seemed to figure that Katrina was practically a Scotch Mist (to exaggerate).

He also keeps asking how people are going to and from the states these days claiming the borders are closed.

So nevermind him and his rantings.

dolphingirl303
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Excuse me?? I'm located in PEI and we just got hit over the weekend d with Hurricane Fiona which was the worst Hurricane in Canadian history.  I'm not sure where you are but you may want to get your facts straight before making comments like this

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Something really should have been offered. Hope you get power and internet back soon. 

JeffDoc

My apologies.  I thought it was my post that was flagged.  

My sincerest apologies to you.  I'm new here on the forums.  Thanks for keeping the boards a safe place for everyone to interact.  

Cheers!  😊

@JeffDoc wrote:

What homophobic remark did I make? My question and replies above made no reference whatsoever to the topic of anyone's preference of partner or lifestyle. I am not homophobic nor did I make any homophobic comments.  Please explain why this was flagged.

Thank you. 

The removed post was not be you. It was by a different member.

JeffDoc

Thank you.  I appreciate the kind words.  😊

Cheers! 

JeffDoc

When it reached us, all weather services said it was a hurricane.  I'm just referring to it with what the professional meteorologists indicated and with the winds and devastation here on PEI, I believe it was a hurricane.  

JeffDoc

Thank you @computergeek541 .

Editing this post after reading your reply.  

Cheers! 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You never know its a possibility, maybe there will be word early this week, especially if many other carriers are going that route. Good luck with the recovery!

Proper term to describe:  Post-tropical storm Fiona

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

na

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe an announcement could be possible tomorrow?

JeffDoc

Gas powered generator... Until we run out of gas.  Then we charge our phones in the car... And then we go to a local reception center to charge them if we run low on fuel in the car. 

All of our gas stations have no power so we can't get gas and most of them ran out of gas hours before the storm hit, anyway.  I work at a gas station and we ran out Friday at suppertime.  

It's a really bad situation here.  The worst storm we've ever had, by far.  The Armed Forces are arriving tomorrow to assist with cleanup.  

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No power...how do you charge your phone?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JeffDoc 

Public Mobile customer support considers these things on a case-by-case basis. Best of luck!

@JeffDoc wrote:

Thank you, Ross.  I appreciate your kind and polite reply.  

So much sarcasm in replies to other posts.  It's nice to get such a friendly reply.  😊

Cheers!

Jeff

@JeffDoc I am in N.S. so I have have an idea what your going through 

JeffDoc

Thank you, Ross.  I appreciate your kind and polite reply.  

So much sarcasm in replies to other posts.  It's nice to get such a friendly reply.  😊

Cheers!

Jeff

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JeffDoc hi I haven't heard anything ,they don't have data overage here but there is no harm in asking customer service 

to contact a customer service agent

1. you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here                               

check your community envelope for a reply

Need Help? Let's chat.