cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

gweebie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for 55$ monthly with $20 off for 15 months and I was still billed $50. Why?

32 REPLIES 32

Arachide
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had it scheduled yesterday but my renewal date is Dec 28. i am corresponding with a cs_agent to see if I can resolve the issue.

my plan just renewed on november 28 so I would have lost the month if I made an immediate change

bharris

2022-11-30_11-06-38.jpg

It shows very clearly on this page, which is for plan changes for existing customers, that it was applied correctly and accepted

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nosha 

Same goes for you...if you want it you have to fight for it. I've already supplied part of the puzzle. Use it....along with "bait and switch" marketing.

@nosha   you need to send in a ticket for proper agent support

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@nosha 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST  

just send one message and wait. don't send multiple messages it's not going to speed things up. explain in the message that you thought you were able to change to the $35/20gb and that it didn't apply. maybe they'll still give it to you

nosha

I wish I could get some kind of customer support like that. Do you know where I can find it? Do I need to send in another ticket? It's always pained me to have to have this support model. 

@darlicious wrote:

@nosha 

This goes towards your question in your thread....the promotion is very clear that it's for new activations. Then someone tried the promocode in their account and discovered that the system accepted it. Others chose change plan now and the promotion applied. So is this a good glitch or a bad glitch? Someone coded the promocode wrong and it benefits existing customers. The help articles indicate that if a promocode is accepted when changing plans then the customer qualifies for the new promotion. If the $20 discount didn't apply automatically for some customers then that's a bad glitch but pm must honour it because other than the announcement of the promotion every other part of the website indicates that existing customers can recieve the promotion. If pm doesn't honour the promo then they run afoul of the Competition Bureau of Canada legislation. So is this a good glitch or a bad glitch? What you decide to do about it is up to you? I know what I would do in this situation.....

@darlicious , and there is the confusion 😕! I thought about it & where I signed up around the same time & didn't choose that plan 1st I was sure it was to late & didn't want to get myself in trouble! With my luck which is rarely good. 😆 I have seen on here it worked for some existing customers & some existing customers it didn’t & ended up very upset & left out! So, that made it extremely unfair even though the post was very clear it was for new customers there was obviously a huge glitch! Even the wording in the post was confusing like many other posts they provided! Always leaving current & potential customers confused!

@nosha 

why don't you just contact customer support and ask them to change you to the $45/20gb and get the $10 credit. you've already been here for 2 years going on 3. that's a $40/20gb plan. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Arachide 

So you have it scheduled but it won't change until renewal on Boxing Day?

@gweebie 

You had it scheduled and it changed upon renewal. ( last night?) but charged you the full $55 minus any rewards and/or available funds? The discount showed in your plan details but disappeared? Did you screenshot your scheduled plan change? The info in this help article bolsters your claim for pm to honour the promocode.....

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/apply-a-promo-when-changing-your-plan

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@gweebie , @nosha 

Are you referring to this one?

This one shows in the post that it’s for new customers!

nosha

Exactly. They pooched this rollout, now blame others. Weaksauce.

nosha

Then, again, why would they even offer to existing customers then? It even asks you if you want to wait until your billing date. Why would they offer that for new customers? This is ridiculous service and website. I'm done.

nosha

I don't believe you. If it was for new customers it wouldn't give you the option to switch (at a later date). You can't explain that I guess.

Arachide

@darlicious it does not have it applied. Another family member had it, but it was a new activation. Still when I added it to my plan yesterday it did show the discounted amount, but today it is missing so I reached out to a cs_agent.

There may be better deals closer to boxing day, it just takes work to go around hunting for it. Koodo had some really nice ones.

Arachide

Yes I will keep an eye out for that since $55 for 20GB is definitely more than the $45 for 20GB plan which seems to be a staple now. Maybe another promotion will pop up for boxing day before my plan is supposed to renew. So far I've reached out to the cs_agent to see what is happening.

It's unfortunate all these new activation promotions only. Lots of jumping ship back and forth. It should just be standard across the board for everybody in my own opinion...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Arachide 

Your upcoming bill payment does not have the $20 discount applied?

@Arachide   as long as you didn't click "Change plan now", no worry.

But yes, if you click "Change on renewal date", you might not be getting the $20 off.   Also, if it is confirmed that this deal is gone and you see it still scheduled to be changed, you might want to cancel it.  So, keep an eye before next renewal

Arachide

Yeah I didn't activate since my plan just renewed, then I would pay for both plans. Is that correct?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@gweebie 

the promo ended on the 29th 11:59 Eastern time. when did you activate?

Arachide

I noticed the same thing on my account. Since my plan just renewed I placed the order for the next renewal.

It does not show the promotion anymore so I've reached out to a cs_agent...

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I can confirm that it was very clear it is for NEW customers only. Just because some existing customers found loophole it does not mean it is a rule.

Yummy_0-1669738156928.pngYummy_1-1669738340581.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nosha 

This goes towards your question in your thread....the promotion is very clear that it's for new activations. Then someone tried the promocode in their account and discovered that the system accepted it. Others chose change plan now and the promotion applied. So is this a good glitch or a bad glitch? Someone coded the promocode wrong and it benefits existing customers. The help articles indicate that if a promocode is accepted when changing plans then the customer qualifies for the new promotion. If the $20 discount didn't apply automatically for some customers then that's a bad glitch but pm must honour it because other than the announcement of the promotion every other part of the website indicates that existing customers can recieve the promotion. If pm doesn't honour the promo then they run afoul of the Competition Bureau of Canada legislation. So is this a good glitch or a bad glitch? What you decide to do about it is up to you? I know what I would do in this situation.....

@nosha wrote:

Nowhere did it make it clear it was for new customers. If it was why would they offer to wait until next billing period?

@nosha 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Extended-for-Cyber-Monday-Get-20GB-data...

This offer is available to new customers who activate online. Offer ends today. Rules and conditions may apply.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It was Clearly stated with two asterisks that is for NEW customers only.

nosha

Nowhere did it make it clear it was for new customers. If it was why would they offer to wait until next billing period?

@nosha wrote:

. Now you say it's meant for new customers only. What a deceitful waste of time. 

@nosha   but the promotion was always meant to be for new activation only, clearly stated.  Just people just trying to jam in and got lucky.  So, it is a gamble you willing to take and you should know you are not supposed to get it anyway   🙂

nosha

So this is why the same thing happened to me. I agreed to it the other day, enetered the promo code, but since my rollover date was today, I decided to wait like they offered. Now you say it's meant for new customers only. What a deceitful waste of time. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gweebie 

Can you check your transaction history? The $20 discount should have applied upon renewal likely after your rewards were credited ($5+$2=$7?) but before your plan amount was charged to your card. What plan were you changing from? There has been a new autopay glitch where it will charge your payment card on file your old higher plan amount to your card and the difference ends up as a credit showing in your available funds. Do you have a balance in your account?

This is according to the announcement.  However, clarification was given that a scheduled renewal should have yielded the $20 savings.  I would suggest initiating a support ticket to see where this lands.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@gweebie   Sorry, but as an existing customer you would have had to use the promotion code but also had to do the plan change right away and not at your next renewal date, for it to have worked.

That promotion and code was really meant only for new activations and customers but doing the switch right away with the code, was only a workaround for it to work out for existing customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.