cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged multiple times

Leahyochim
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

I got both my daughters accounts for $50. I activated both and I was charged $56, 5 times over 2 days. I have sent an email asking it to be rectified along with pictures of my bank statement showing the multiple payments and I’m being told they didn’t take out multiple payments and theres nothing they can do. I have also a bunch of random koodoo Mobil charges, I don’t have koodoo and they told me it was also not them and to contact koodoo. Any advice?

18 REPLIES 18

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The Chat thing could have asked the person to open a ticket, why need you to reply with copy/paste answers?

Put in more effort , at least ask couple more questions first

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Leahyochim 

were the accounts activated in store or online?

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Leahyochim wrote:

Yes we had trouble with activation. The charges are not pending. The are processed.

Please wait.. Do not close this browser window or click back.

Each and every website display this while charging the card, It is for the fact that if there is any interruption in charging process, it try to charge again. Same thing happened when you had interruption. 

@Anonymous 

Lol....just keeping you on your toes!

ta

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 @Dunkman 

Could you kindly move this to the get support board please and thank you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I think you meant to tag the OP.

@Leahyochim   The three charges for $12 sound like your SIM card fee, although, of course, there should only be two of those.   Send a private message from one of the links provided earlier and I'm sure CSA will get it sorted eventually and credit back (perhaps as an account balance), any overcharges once everything is verified.

edi:  hmm...although I can't work out the tax charged there as SIM cards usually sell for $10?

0PX9O4

@Leahyochim wrote:

I did contact customer service. They did not fix the problem and there is no funds sitting in their accounts. They agent told me they didn’t withdraw the 3 extra payments, even though it’s right on my statement that I provided. I also have 3 Koodo charges of $12

You will have to work with Customer Service to get it resolved. We are PM customers like you, so as much as we'd like to fix this for you, ultimately we are completely powerless to troubleshoot or reverse payments.

Leahyochim

They’re not pending. They’re from Jan 10th and 11th.

@Anonymous   Ditto, again...although maybe I'm getting slower responding in this new format.  Oh well!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Leahyochim 

There has been multiple issues with the way plan charges are appearing on customers credit cards and double or triple charges when there has been an activation issue with the sim card ending with an error code. You may have charges appearing as both PUBLIC MOBILE or KOODO REAPPROV. 

Any multiple charges pm will refund to your credit card within 3 to 5 business days if not sooner. But you must have a new trainee CSA handling your support request to have denied that these charges can occur. Ask that they immediately hand your support request to a senior colleague to gather the info from you they require to immediately start the refund process.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Leahyochim   While the Koodo charge has been happening more frequently (wrongly) upon activation lately, it's nothing to worry about although disconcerting obviously, are you sure that the charges showing on your CC are not pending and sometimes more the one duplicate charge initially appears before being dropped back to just the one charge a day or two later on the CC?   You're also being charged the tax on the $50.

Leahyochim

I just discovered the charges on my card statement. None of them show in public mobil accounts as credit tho.

Leahyochim

Yes we had trouble with activation. The charges are not pending. The are processed.

Leahyochim

I did contact customer service. They did not fix the problem and there is no funds sitting in their accounts. They agent told me they didn’t withdraw the 3 extra payments, even though it’s right on my statement that I provided. I also have 3 Koodo charges of $12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't chargeback anything yet! Did you have some troubles and restarts on those activations?

The Koodo thing is an activation bug this place has. Have those charges dropped into done status? Or are they still in pending status if your account shows that? Or did you simply discover these charges on your payment card bill?

Edit: again...how did I not see these replies when I replied. grr

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leahyochim 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• Re-send new private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,
  • and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

0PX9O4

@Leahyochim 

(1) You will see "Koodo" for your very first charge instead of "Public Mobile". Subsequent charges will accurately reflect Public Mobile. Both companies are owned by Telus, and they presumably share 1 activation system.

(2) PM does not provide any customer service by email.

(3) The multiple charges are abnormal, please get in touch with CS_Agent  by private message along with the details of all the affected accounts, they will fix it for you right away.

(4) DO NOT chargeback or cancel the charges with your credit card provider. This will affect your cellphone service.

Need Help? Let's chat.