cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged in monthly payment

Han_nah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I have been charged from $8/month to $15/month and I have not subscribed to any new plans. Is this an error? How do I reverse it? 

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No more monetary rewards.

We are all on points and you pay full price and collect points to convert to money

zbhanji1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately with this new rewards program, you loose out on the $1 per month for every year you are with PM that you were used to getting. You now get only 10 points at each anniversary

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

@Han_nah can't reverse.

The old rewards system has ended couple weeks agom Now everyone on the Public Points system. You paid full price now and collect points after to redeem bill credit 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Han_nah 

you might have missed the announcement back in March about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% back in point on your plan renewal or add-on purchases from credit card or vouchers
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will 10 points on your Anniversary day with PM every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Han_nah  regrettably this is not an error. Or fixable.   Public Mobile has removed previous loyalty rewards as of May. So now everyone is charged full plan upfront each month.

They will give you back 5% on your payments each month. When you have accumulated 15 points, you can then sign into your account to redeem 15$ off your next bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.