cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for Add On that I never requested

lrogalska
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card was charged $118 for Add-On that I never requested. I raised my ticket 229210-253 two weeks ago on Mar 14 to refund my money however noone is responding to my ticket. How can I talk to Public Mobile management to get my money back ?  Lillian

21 REPLIES 21

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lrogalska   Another week passed, did you get the refund in the end?  I was thinking about it, refund usually take sometimes, could be 2 weeks or even 3, maybe the delay was due to the refund process instead of CS Agent forgot to make the refund transaction?

@lrogalska wrote:

Hello darlicious, 

you mentioned that you are in a customer role.   It doesn't make sense for you folks  and for me to waste time on this community board because you don't have access to direct information that Public mobile administration is coordinating.

That is PM's business model; allow customers to assist other customers resolving trivial issues; their effort is rewarded through Community reward. Some take that monetary reward as stimulus to help others some just like to be useful and help others. As per PM it is win-win situation.

Only account issues are handled by PM employees through email only. If you do not like that business model you are free to somehow find access to PM's management and express your frustration and offer solution how to do better job. Good luck with that. Most of us are satisfied with service provided by PM and by customers' support through Community. I personally would not like to wait forever for a 'live person' listening to awful music when I can get sound advice here in a few minutes.

I do not know what kind of add-on you are talking about as currently there is add-on costing $35. Unless it is something bought a long while ago when pricing was different.

If you could be so kind to provide screenshot of your transaction history we would be able to figure out what is going on. But even after almost a week from initial post we have not seen that. How do you expect any help without some data provided?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lrogalska 

The community serves a purpose in helping resolve issues that are not account related for their resolution. Unlike yours....while tickets submitted thru Simple--Simon are automatically closed after 48 hours private messages are not. However a timely reply on both sides is essential to resolve the issue. The CSA in your case did not follow thru to remove the add ons and begin the refund process. Certainly not acceptable customer support which requires you to start the process again. Start again to get your issue resolved then ask for some compensation for the time you have had to spend on trying to get it resolved after the original CSA did not issue the agreed upon refund.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Irogalska: We can help you with what you're seeing if you give images of your overview page and payment history. Don't show any identifiable information. There's no way 3 500 minute add-ons cost $35 each. Yes only the support people can do anything in the account but we can head you in the right direction to ask the right questions.

lrogalska

Hello darlicious, 

you mentioned that you are in a customer role.   It doesn't make sense for you folks  and for me to waste time on this community board because you don't have access to direct information that Public mobile administration is coordinating. 

Public mobile needs to stop cancelling our tickets that we customers are raising. Public mobile needs to setup their call center so we can get help directly from people. Existing bots are not working at all. Their answers don't make any sense. Public mobile management has no control over operations and resolution of issues have been delayed for weeks and months. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lrogalska 

In order for you to have these charges sorted out you will have to contact customer support. We are only fellow customers who can advise you but we cannot access your account or deal with refunds or credits. Only a CSA can do that for you. Put "overcharged" in the subject line and leave a detailed message for customer support.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@lrogalska you sure the international Long distance are not from Christmas bonus for the last couple years?  they won't be $105+tad that much anyway 

you have open ticket with PM support yet?  

lrogalska

Hello darlicious,

This was 3 x 500 international  long distance minutes add on which is still showing on my account profile  $118.65 ( $105 plus tax). I don't want this add on. I didn't use this add-on. Please refund my $118.65

Yummy: If I was a customer of the charge then I would contact the company. If not then I would investigate who it is to see if there's some relationship to any company I'm a customer of. If nothing then I would do the chargeback.

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

Most prepaid providers have a strict policy on how they deal with chargebacks for prepaid services that are non refundable as set out in the terms of service.

That is Very clear to me.

BUT, what customer should do (and what advise we should provide) if it gets charged some amount out of blue, not appearing on his self-service account? To contact agent? What if request gets ignored for whatever reason?

What would YOU guys do if you one day see $205 on your credit card with words PM or Telus or Koodo???? and nothing similar on your PM account?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Most prepaid providers have a strict policy on how they deal with chargebacks for prepaid services that are non refundable as set out in the terms of service. By nature a customer requesting and being granted a chargeback has essentially "stolen" the service. As a result immediate albeit temporarily suspending service and account access gives pm a bargaining chip to demand payment.

Chargebacks were exceedingly rare so the punitive policy pm follows was appropriate until the KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV charges began to appear on customer's billing statements and the most financially prudent individuals who reported to their cards as compromised would appear on the community to update their replacement card info only to find their self serve log in disabled and soon after if not already their plan services suspended. Thus the announcement thread.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Fix-Ongoing-Activation-amp-State...

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Yummy wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

That is not a good idea even if the customer is justified. Chargebacks lead to immedilate account suspensions, refusal to allow credit card payments and 12 months of self serve log in privileges suspended. The OP must deal with customer support directly to resolve the issue.

Oh! I did not know that. So if you complain to bank and they refund you money and start investigation, PM will severely punish you??? Wow!?

HI @Yummy   Not PM tries to punish you

The case is about if the user ask the bank to reverse a PM charge, PM will immediately suspends the service for the person (as the cycle already started, the person already used the service for couple days).    

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

That is not a good idea even if the customer is justified. Chargebacks lead to immedilate account suspensions, refusal to allow credit card payments and 12 months of self serve log in privileges suspended. The OP must deal with customer support directly to resolve the issue.

Oh! I did not know that. So if you complain to bank and they refund you money and start investigation, PM will severely punish you??? Wow!?

@lrogalska wrote:

As you suggested I sent message to your customer service to sort out things at their end and refund my money $118.65 ( $105 plus tax). This was mistake that customer service closed my ticket without refunding my money. I didn't use any services associated with this Add-on. I want my money to be refunded to my credit card.  Please verify this refund at your end. Thank you

A customer support agent is extremely unlikely to read this message thread, and wouldn't be discussing the issue here (but rather in private directly with you).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lrogalska   curious, was Transaction log showing any add-on for $105?  or you just see the charge $118 on the credit card and assume it was an add-on purchase?

i remember there was a post regarding a big amount of questionable charge (at least $150 or more) on the credit card , too.  Not sure what was the reason for that charge, just hope PM is not start making this mistake now.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@lrogalska wrote:

I want my money to be refunded to my credit card.  Please verify this refund at your end. Thank you

You are talking to customers like yourself. We can only advise what to do based on our experience and knowledge.

You can always go to your bank and dispute charges. Bank will refund you money and start investigation.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@lrogalska wrote:

My credit card was charged $118 for Add-On that I never requested. I raised my ticket 229210-253 two weeks ago on Mar 14 to refund my money however noone is responding to my ticket. How can I talk to Public Mobile management to get my money back ?  Lillian

@lrogalska 

What does it say in your transactions. Might be a first step to check. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lrogalska 

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

What was the add on? A $15 data or long distance minutes add on? Were you charged 7 times for it?

lrogalska

As you suggested I sent message to your customer service to sort out things at their end and refund my money $118.65 ( $105 plus tax). This was mistake that customer service closed my ticket without refunding my money. I didn't use any services associated with this Add-on. I want my money to be refunded to my credit card.  Please verify this refund at your end. Thank you

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lrogalska 

Put your ticket reference # in the subject line and send a private message to customer support asking for an update. Tickets are closed after 48 hours if there is no response from the customer.

I was about to message another user @Mimi33  who has an issue that yours sounds like...? Can you give us a little more background on the charges? Do you have an add on incurring reoccurring charges on your Auto pay card? Is it a US Roaming add on?

Need Help? Let's chat.