cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Data

Muncey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I got notice that I am out of data (5gb on my monthly plan). I have never gone over data before and I am struggling to see where it all went. I 9 pages of data and usage info that I brought up from May 12th to present but most are phone calls and not web. What I see of web would not put me over my limit. What am I missing? I use wifi everywhere I can including home. I did not download anything that I know of.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Perhaps there's a rogue app using up all your data, can you go to data usage on your phone and tell us what is the app data usage? @Muncey 

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Log into self service and look under My Data and Add-Ons. The counter there is correct for your data. It could just be an errant message from PM so just ignore it.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Make sure the settings on your phone are correct. You may have a artificial data cap set up on your Android assuming you're on a Android phone. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Muncey hi are you actually out of data or just received a text? sometimes they are sent in error whats it say in your account under data and add ons

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Muncey   Yes, you are on the right trick, you need to check the Web traffic on My Account.  Just make sure you filter the date from the current cycle start date (a reminder, PM does not start the cycle on the same day every month)

Another way to track is to check from your device if you have an Android phone, check the Mobile Data usage page, change the cycle start date to match PM's and you can quickly tell how much data you used since the beginning of the cycle

E-MobileData.png

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Check what your account says used/total_available.

Sometimes SMS regarding data are not that accurate.

Be aware of background app's usage. Some apps are Internet hungry...

Muncey

On my Overview page it says :

• My Data & Add-Ons
    If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.
  • Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    500 one-time Int'l LD bonus
    1  /  500 MIN

Muncey

View my Usage page shows :

Data & Add-On Usage

Usage for Phone Number xxx*xxx*xxxx
Voice Minutes
 NameVoice Limit# of Minutes UsedRemaining MinutesStatus
500 one-time Int'l LD bonus5001499Active
If a feature is not listed above, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

Muncey

I got the text telling me I am out of data and it would not let me do anything unless I went to where I could use wifi.

I am using android. I am aware it has its own usage meter too, but this is public mobiles messages and not letting me use data with the warning I am out.

Muncey

It will not show me my usage except in the line by line of every phone call , sms, and website in mb's day by day