cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send texts but able to receive texts and make phone calls

vanu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So for the past few days I was all of a sudden unable to send both SMS and MMS messages. I tried everything including checking my network settings and the APN. I am still unable to make any progress and still I can't send any SMS or MMS messages. What can I do to resolve this issue? 

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@vanu 

Go to your settings>>apps>> messaging app>>storage>>clear the app cache and reboot.

See if that helps.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@vanu  - if you use iMessage (apple) or Chat Features (android) and you ran out of data on your plan this could affect your texts if you are out of wifi areas?

iMessage (apple) - ensure you have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your device.

Android - if you have Chat features enabled, I suggest to turn that off.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vanu There has been some network issue with PM in the last day or two. 

Do you have another phone around you can try?  Put your sim in another phone, it might trigger a re-provisioning of your SIM/account and it might resolve the issue

If you do not have another phone, you can open ticket with PM Support and ask them to check or re-provision for you:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.