cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported 10 hours ago still no service

Andtank66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi:

I ported my number from Telus to Public at 9:30 a.m. Vancouver time today. As of right now 7:30 p.m., I'm still not getting any Public services. The SIM is in. I've turned cellular on/off and restarted the phone numerous times.

Is it normal that it would take this long? I spoke to Telus and they said the port had occurred - my Telus account has been closed.

11 REPLIES 11

@Andtank66 wrote:

Telus account was open. I created PM account which triggered the port message from Telus. I typed in yes. I was also on the phone with Telus at the time. They informed me the port had occurred and to check that my Telus account had been closed. It had. Then i put the PM SIM in and the wait began. been 11.5 hours now and still no service. The SIM works. I tried it on another phone. Thanks again for all your help.

@Andtank66 

Not sure if your service is working now. 

Does your PM SIM card and service work in another phone?  If it works in another phone, it is likely a hardware setup issue and not a PM service problem.  Which model phone?

Might also want to try a network reset of phone.

Remove SIM card and place back in phone again.

Toggle airplane mode on then off.  

Andtank66

Telus account was open. I created PM account which triggered the port message from Telus. I typed in yes. I was also on the phone with Telus at the time. They informed me the port had occurred and to check that my Telus account had been closed. It had. Then i put the PM SIM in and the wait began. been 11.5 hours now and still no service. The SIM works. I tried it on another phone. Thanks again for all your help.

@Andtank66   Let us know how it goes  🙂

Andtank66

Thank you. no outbound calls. I've sent a ticket and fingers crossed.

@Andtank66 wrote:

i did reply to the yes and the telus agent told me the account had been transferred out of Telus.

@Andtank66   it could be SIM provisioning issue.  There has been many cases about SIM not provisioned properly last couple days

First check if you can make outgoing calls at all.  If not, then open a ticket with PM Support as mentioned in my earlier post.  They should be able to quickly fix the issue after picking up the ticket (except it is a bit late now, they might not pickup the ticket tonight)

Andtank66

i did reply to the yes and the telus agent told me the account had been transferred out of Telus.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Andtank66 wrote:

Hi:

I ported my number from Telus to Public at 9:30 a.m. Vancouver time today. As of right now 7:30 p.m., I'm still not getting any Public services. The SIM is in. I've turned cellular on/off and restarted the phone numerous times.

Is it normal that it would take this long? I spoke to Telus and they said the port had occurred - my Telus account has been closed.

@Andtank66  Was your Telus account open and active BEFORE you were trying to port the phone number over?  If the Telus account was already closed BEFORE you were trying to port the phone number, then porting won't work because the phone number at Telus would've already been released upon account closure.  However I have read from the forum here that since Public Mobile is owned by Telus, you might still be able to have Telus hold that number for you provided you contact Telus right away for them not to release the number.  

If your account at Telus was open BEFORE the porting process, then by all means, contact the customer service at Public Mobile to inquire further.  The best way to reach them is to send them a private message by clicking on the icon that looks like an envelope that says "Messages" when you hover your mouse over it. And then click on an icon that looks like a pen inside a box to compose the private message and write "CS_Agent" in the "Send to" field and the issue as well as the details of your issue in the "Message subject" and "Message box" text boxes respectively. This is the only way to reach them as they cannot be reached via phone or email and you should receive an answer from them shortly. 

I am only aware that it could take up to 2 hours for the porting process to complete, but 10 hours is too long. 

Hope this helps.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Andtank66   one more thing,   Can you at least make outgoing calls?  If not, then what is the error message?  "SIM not provisioned"?  "No Network"?  Very likely it is a provisioning issue on the SIM card.   

But no worry, PM can fix it easily.  just open a ticket with them and they can fix it on the backend.

Open a ticket with PM Support:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

there is also a possibility that PM support come back and tell you everything is good with provisioning.  If that is the case, test your PM SIM on another phone, if it is the same issue, then it is a faulty SIM error.  You can still push PM to reimburse the cost to replace the SIM if that is the case

Let us know how it turns out

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Andtank66 wrote:

Hi:

@Andtank66 - Telus account was open/active today though, right? 

Accounts should be active until porting completes.

What does your self serve account status say...active?

Can you try your SIM card in another phone to see if services work?

Some troubleshooting

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Cell ports can take 2-3 hours to complete. In this case you will need to accept an SMS text from your old provider's SIM card.

Landlines/voip number can take 3+ days to complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Andtank66 

you receive and respond to the SMS from old provider asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number, your reply should be: YES

if you stuck with Transferring, or not complete processing 

send Private Messages to Customer Support Agent

and you Check your Community private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

CSA Hours Of Operation (publicmobile.ca)

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Andtank66   did you get a text from Telus  and did you reply YES,? you need to reply within 90 mins 

NO worry if you missed it, there is a number you can call and talk to live person to re-trigger the process.  I will private message you and number.  Check you Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon

Need Help? Let's chat.