cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving my incoming text messages

momma0178
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure what happened for some reason it didn't auto-renewal out of my bank  account although the money was in it and it's spended my account. As soon as this happened and I noticed I had no service yesterday I went in and chopped up my account manually. Everything auto switch back on I turned off my phone and restarted it.  Was on the phone for a while with my son and fell asleep got up this morning send a text to the boyfriend he didn't respond text my daughter who is due to have a baby any day and still got no response then I got 41 Facebook messages when I turned on the computer from my daughter freaking out apparently my text messages are not coming in from anybody and my family thought something had happened to me as I just missed the birth of my first grandchild because of this they're receiving my text messages but I don't get any from them I have restarted my phone tried my SIM card in a second phone check my settings and track any overlying messaging apps which I do not have does anybody know what's going on I'm extremely furious right now.   Everything worked well until the PM auto top up 

stopped working now nothing is working properly and I've missed a major life event because of it

12 REPLIES 12

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@momma0178 wrote:

Everything is working except my incoming text messages

Sounds more like a cell issue rather than a Public Mobile issue. It was previously asked by @Anonymous  if you've tried the sim in a different phone. Can you try that asap and let us know the results.

@hairbag1   Lol...like the following from OP?  😁

@momma0178  wrote:

"I have restarted my phone tried my SIM card in a second phone check my settings and track any overlying messaging apps which I do not have does anybody know what's going on I'm extremely furious right now. Everything worked well until the PM auto top up

stopped working now nothing is working properly and I've missed a major life event because of it"

@dabr , @hairbag1 : I actually asked what happened wrt reading that they said they put it in another phone but they didn't say the result.

@Anonymous   Yes I did see your post asking OP on the results of trying the SIM in another phone....I was just having bit of a laugh at @hairbag1's expense (sorry hairbag1 😉) seeing as how often it's been mentioned lately to read OP's post before posting a reply. 

Too bad OP hasn't come back to update or provide more info though...perhaps they've got it working.

@momma0178 

I believe @t_p has caught the issue....sim card provisioning after your renewal. Adding $1 to your account manually may fix the incoming text issue. Or briefly suspending your account via the lost/stolen feature in your account. However using lost/stolen will cause a glitch with your rewards not applying upon renewal. Only use this option if you don't have time to contact customer support. (You can contact them after renewal to apply your rewards manually if needed.)

Otherwise contact customer support as previously mentioned and ask the CSA to reprovision your sim card.

Note: Changing to 3G only will not fix this issue as text messaging works on both 3G and the 4G LTE networks and outgoing text messaging is unaffected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@momma0178 wrote:

Sounds more like a cell issue rather than a Public Mobile issue. It was previously asked by @Anonymous  if you've tried the sim in a different phone. Can you try that asap and let us know the results.

@momma0178  wrote:

"I have restarted my phone tried my SIM card in a second phone check my settings and track any overlying messaging apps which I do not have does anybody know what's going on I'm extremely furious right now. Everything worked well until the PM auto top up

stopped working now nothing is working properly and I've missed a major life event because of it"

@dabr , @hairbag1 : I actually asked what happened wrt reading that they said they put it in another phone but they didn't say the result.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@momma0178 wrote:

@momma0178 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
for IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

@hairbag1 wrote:

@momma0178 wrote:

@momma0178  wrote:

@momma0178 wrote:

momma0178
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@momma0178 wrote:

Not sure what happened for some reason it didn't auto-renewal out of my bank  account although the money was in it and it's spended my account. As soon as this happened and I noticed I had no service yesterday I went in and chopped up my account manually. Everything auto switch back on I turned off my phone and restarted it.  Was on the phone for a while with my son and fell asleep got up this morning send a text to the boyfriend he didn't respond text my daughter who is due to have a baby any day and still got no response then I got 41 Facebook messages when I turned on the computer from my daughter freaking out apparently my text messages are not coming in from anybody and my family thought something had happened to me as I just missed the birth of my first grandchild because of this they're receiving my text messages but I don't get any from them I have restarted my phone tried my SIM card in a second phone check my settings and track any overlying messaging apps which I do not have does anybody know what's going on I'm extremely furious right now.   Everything worked well until the PM auto top up 

stopped working now nothing is working properly and I've missed a major life event because of it

What happens when you dial 611 to get a status update on your account. Is it Active or no ?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@momma0178

Call 611 and see what message you get. 

Also login to your account to see if there is any message in there

Does your SIM card work when you try it in another phone?

Edit: Try to reset Network settings and also try your phone on 3G-only (WCDMA) as suggested above.

If somehow your card lost provisioning because of suspension, you'll need to contact CS for help:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@momma0178    Sorry to hear that.  Not sure what to suggest as you've already tried some of the troubleshooting tips.   Perhaps top up your account with $1 and restart the phone.  Another option (not sure about it) is to put your phone on 3G/WCDMA setting.

If nothing is helping, you'll need to submit a ticket via chatbot bubble bottom right of screen for assistance.  Second option is to private message CS_Agent by clicking the envelope icon top right and asking for help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@momma0178 : Wow that sucks. What happened when you put the SIM in another phone?

And just to be sure...calls in/out? Texts in/out? Internet browsing? What all works?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@momma0178 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.