cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving 2FA from Walmart

MamaG2014
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am able to receive 2FA codes from everybody except Walmart, has only been happening since porting to Public Mobile. Walmart is not finding any issues on their end as the phone number hasn’t changed.

2 REPLIES 2

MamaG2014
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your response. I am receiving calls and texts fine otherwise. I ported on June 29th, so beyond 7 days. I have been able to receive 2FA texts from CRA since then, and everywhere else, just not Walmart to login to my account. Not even on a delay, just nothing from them since porting.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MamaG2014 

First, do you receive any incoming calls and regular SMS (P2P) from friends?  If so, it is good, at least the porting was completed successfully

For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed provider and to route the text correctly to the new provider (Public Mobile).    Also, financial institutions (banks) or government agencies (e.g, CRA)  put this delay on purpose too to avoid SIM Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day after porting but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come.  

Need Help? Let's chat.