cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive calls or messages. Internet (data) works fine

Mindaugas01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had some outage a few hours yesterday but it started working. Today I have outage it seems same as yesterday. Location Calgary.

14 REPLIES 14

@Mindaugas01  Fingers crossed then … and sometimes that all  that needs to be done is take the SIM card out and reseat it in tray …we all happy you got it all up and running again Whoo hoo ! 

Mindaugas01

Haha yea probably 🙂 Current one is not that old Samsung A52 5G . Not sure if anybody else is having similar issues. I put the SIM back and it works now. Not sure for how long.

@Mindaugas01  That sucks but hey now you have an excuse to go get a brand new shiny phone 

Mindaugas01

Thanks for the help. It looks like a phone issue. I swapped to my very old one and I am receiving messages. 

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mindaugas01 wrote:

It seems I am able to make a call but not able to receive calls. Also not able to receive messages

@Mindaugas01 

open ticket with SIMon Chatboth

typ: Agent
and Click, Contact Us
then Click, Other
and, Click here to submit a ticket.

or send a private message to CS_Agent
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

the support team will check your account.

Mindaugas01

It seems I am able to make a call but not able to receive calls. Also not able to receive messages

Mindaugas01

I have been a customer for +3 years, I will try to find my old phone and see if it is a phone issue

LoveNature

@Mindaugas01 

likely a local network issue. But turn off for a 5 minutes and turn on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mindaugas01 let's hope it is not going down again 

There was another mysterious post about voice issue earlier, but that person's phone is now working again

Try reboot the phone once. 

Try to change the Preferred network type to 3G only and see if it can still connect to PM network and make/receive call

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mindaugas01 

Looks like there are outages in specific area in Calgary.

Check map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Mindaugas01

I did this it did not work

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Mindaugas01 wrote:

I had some outage a few hours yesterday but it started working. Today I have outage it seems same as yesterday. Location Calgary.

Did you just ask number to be ported in?  Calls and messages go to the old company's sim card until porting is executed. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mindaugas01  Can you try the SIM card in another phone and se if services work as they should . Also you can try testing network sheeting or even set net work to 3G and see if it helps otherwise it could just be the outage near you that you mentioned 

[twas the phone ......Luddite]

LoveNature

Hi @Mindaugas01 

try to turn off device take out the SIM card and reinsert back.

Need Help? Let's chat.