cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to activate replacement SIM

Sreddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried the instructions from the community on how to register new sim. From the profile menu I went to the activate new sim option and entered the new sim card number and hit Save. However the moment I hit save it just refreshes with 0000 and the new sim card number is not reflected on the account. Can I reach public mobile customer service? I paid for the plan and not able to use it because of this technical glitch. 

11 REPLIES 11

Sreddy

This worked after two hours. Thank you for the support. 

Sreddy

Thank you. This seems to have been the solution. Two hours after doing this I have network. 🙂 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sreddy 

Have you rebooted the phone? Either way power off the phone and remove the Sim card. If possible put it in another device and reboot. Check for service. Power off. Remove Sim card. ( If you can't put it in another device just leave it out of your phone for at least 10 minutes. Reseat the Sim card back in your phone and power back on. Check for service.

What is the reason for changing the Sim card originally? If it was a provisioning issue and your account  has not been reset and reprovisioning by customer support has not been attempted  you will experience a similar problem with the new Sim card. You will need to contact customer support. Have them first confirm you have successfully swapped Sim cards (the message you recieved indicates that you have done so) then ask them to reset your account and reprovision your Sim card.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

@Sreddy 

Once you updated the number, and submit, and log out of the self-serve site, did you try the SIM in the device to see if (by any chance) it may have associated with the account?

@Sreddy wrote:

Followed this exact step and clicked on save changes. There was a message saying the number is changed. However, it still shows the old SIM and I do not have service.

@Sreddy   you were using a mobile device ?

please do it again using laptop or desktop computer.  It is a known glitch the page is accessed via mobile devices like phone or tablet.  Please try it again on a computer and it will work without problem

Sreddy

Followed this exact step and clicked on save changes. There was a message saying the number is changed. However, it still shows the old SIM and I do not have service.

Sreddy

Tried this on safari in private mode. Did not work. A message did pop up that the sim number is changed. However, I still see the same old SIM number on the account and also do not have service. Not sure if there is a wait involved before this is processed.

@hairbag1  Just found that from your earlier post to give to op

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sreddy 

on your laptop, log in to your account using incognito mode. Then...

sim.jpg

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Sreddy wrote:

I have tried the instructions from the community on how to register new sim. From the profile menu I went to the activate new sim option and entered the new sim card number and hit Save. However the moment I hit save it just refreshes with 0000 and the new sim card number is not reflected on the account. Can I reach public mobile customer service? I paid for the plan and not able to use it because of this technical glitch. 

Since PM website has caches issue, so clear caches , cookies then using computer and private or incognito mode browser to login. For some mysteriously reasons, mobile device some times hard to login, so don't use mobile device to login.
Follow above method try login again.

If still doesn't work, wait a couple minutes, login again. 

Or chat with Simon for help, if Simon can’t help, he would let you submit a ticket.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sreddy  Don’t activate it … use a computer and swap sim 

edit support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

edit visual for ya here courtesy of @hairbag1 

SIM  SWAPPING

Handy1_0-1674330492796.jpeg

Edit if this pic is what ultimately helped you give the accept solution to @hairbag1  please 

Need Help? Let's chat.