cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail on IPhone 8 Plus

Chuckwagon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since I received my used phone from PM my Voicemail has never worked when using the Voicemail button in the lower right of the keypad . It does not seem to dial at all but does provide an Error message.

It is the correct number, I have rebooted my cell phone, I have tried turning Airplane mode off/on. I have searched this Community and tried previous suggestions to no avail.

Would be interested in a solution please?

9 REPLIES 9

@Chuckwagon 16.2 is the most current iOS at the moment 

@Chuckwagon wrote:

Ok thanks y’all.

I used part of your solution and put my own cell number in, not a number from the link provided.

Only remaining issue is that I do not get a red dot over Voicemail tab to notify me that I have a new voicemail.

Go to your iPhone 8 Plus Settings >Phones>Notifications: enable "Badges"

After settings, the red dot should show up on voicemail tab if you have voice mail.

Chuckwagon

Thanks,

now when I press and hold 1 on the keypad it does dial my cell number so that is great.

Chuckwagon

Thanks again.

My IOS Version is 16.1.1 on IPhone 8 Plus so I believe that is current.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Check in your phone what voice mail access number is assigned to number '1'.

Call access number from your or any other phone to confirm you can access it. Be aware that vmail has to be set up very first time from your cell phone.

@Chuckwagon   you should put one of those VM numbers for a more direct calling, it should connect faster

For the red dot issue, are you on the latest iOS?  It looks like it is a bug with the current iOS, there have been many reporting this problem.  You can try to update Carrier profile , but likely you have to wait for the next iOS update and hope this issue will be taken care by Apple at that time

Chuckwagon

Ok thanks y’all.

I used part of your solution and put my own cell number in, not a number from the link provided.

Only remaining issue is that I do not get a red dot over Voicemail tab to notify me that I have a new voicemail.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Chuckwagon   

try to manually set the VM phone number like this

Click the Phone icon.
Choose Keypad.
Input *5005*86*13065804001#.
Press Call to program the number.
"13065804001" can be replaced with any of the voicemail access numbers on the following link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Chuckwagon @Try your SIM card in a  different device and see if it works might be your phone in that case you will need help from agent , I’ve also heard of the voice mail not getting notifications on the newest iOS update aswell but if you need help from agent here’s how 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.