cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal, Paid Active account, but my phone just don't have signal

xuxy0919
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my call/text stopped working last night. I have an iPhone, and it can read the sim card but can't get any signal (been shown SOS mode, which means it can read the carrier info but doesn't have signal).

To make sure it's not my iPhone issue:

I tried my friend's VIRGIN sim card, it works on my phone.

However, I tried my boyfriend's card (also public mobile):

His sim card doesn't work on my phone either.

BUT, his iPhone reads both of our sim cards and receives phone calls without a problem. ( it means my sim card and plan work).

Please help, it seems like my iPhone doesn't have a problem, and my sim card and plan don't have a problem. So, why it didn't work on my iPhone?? 

**I checked my plan is active**

14 REPLIES 14

@xuxy0919   the phone was not purchased from PM?  Since it is not from PM, they wouldn't be able to help

Where you bought it from?  If you are lucky, you got from marketplaces backup by big names like Bestbuy or Walmart or eBay etc, they might be able to help refund you the money after you open ticket with them (they still cannot help to take it down from the blacklist).  But if it is a private sell, likely you are out of luck

xuxy0919

Ok, I understand. Is there any fraud center that will help with solving this situation so i explain my situation and appeal this action? Thank you

@xuxy0919 wrote:

And if it's blocked by carrier. Would public mobile be the carrier to unlock it?

Only the carrier who added it to the national lost/stolen lists could do that. You wouldn't be able to request this yourself as that would defeat the purpose of not allowing found or stolen devices to be used.

xuxy0919

And if it's blocked by carrier. Would public mobile be the carrier to unlock it?

xuxy0919

Yes, I talked to Apple. They said the carrier needs to unblock it.

How do I know if this iPhone is black listed by a carrier or apple?

How did the scam guy able to lock my phone if I was the first one to register this phone?

I want to know how did this work to learn.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@xuxy0919 

Only the original owner can have it un-Blacklisted at the Apple Genius store.

Apple wouldn't be able clean up an IMEi that was blocked by a carrier.  That carrier would need to do that.

@xuxy0919 

Sorry, buyer beware. Always check the IMEI on before handing over your hard earned cash:

https://www.imei.info/carriers/canada/ 

xuxy0919

What if i am scammed, anyway to appeal this?

@xuxy0919 

Only the original owner can have it un-Blacklisted at the Apple Genius store.

xuxy0919

Hello Dunkman

After 2 weeks of struggles, I realized this phone was on the national blacklist but it was not out of my action. I think i got scammed while purchasing this phone.

I went to the Apple store, it shows this phone is from the carrier of Virgin, I went to Virgin, then they say this phone is blocked by Telus. So I went to Telus, they found the record of this phone with my phone number on it and it shows it's blocked. Telus employee said it's maybe because I used public mobile so it shows up under their system.

I have all the evidence proving I paid for this phone and I am the victim. If I offer you my evidence and IMEI, would you be able to unblock it for me? Please help. Thanks

@xuxy0919 

Does your data work?  Text work?

Any recent IOS updates?

Which model iPhone?  Was it purchased via another mobile company?  

Interesting case.  Please keep us updated on any fixes/solutions.  

@xuxy0919 

Click on 3G to disable 4G/LTE.

xuxy0919

I don't see where I can disable VoLTE in my iPhone cellular setting. it only allows me to choose between LTE or 3G, there's no disable option.

From the first link you sent me, it seems like already has been resolved. But it doesn't work on mine.

I have already sent a message to CS_Agent. just now.

I reported the issue last night already, CS_Agent said he/she refreshed the network, ask me to reset the network setting and restart the phone. I did exactly. but still didn't work for me.

Any ideas?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@xuxy0919 - has this just happened within the last 5 days, and services were working fine until that point?

It does seem to be related to your device with all the testing you did. 

Wonder if you were affected by this issue: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Service-Impacts/td-p/955119

Do you have VoLTE enabled on your iphone? Try disabling it.

If still issues, connect with a CSA.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.