Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Service Impacts

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

Update: March 8 | 11:00AM

Everything has been resolved and service has been restored for everyone impacted. As mentioned, we will be reaching out to those who were impacted as soon as we've identified everyone. 

Thank you for your patience.

------

Please be advised we are dealing with an isolated technical issue that is impacting calling for a select group of customers. Please note: emergency services are not impacted. We are actively working to resolve this issue and will have service restored as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will reach out directly to impacted customers, as well as continue to keep you updated through this thread.

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team 
130 REPLIES 130

Hi @cstishenko 

sorry, the Reset All  networks is a normal trouble steps that support will ask everyone to do before proceeding further.   It is trouble to resetup ever after?, but this is a needed step

cstishenko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Beware.

The customer service agent may reset the connection on their Public Mobile side, but also ask you to do many things with your phone - including "reset all connections" in your settings menu.  This will in turn remove all saved Wifi connections and Bluetooth devices from your phones memory.   

I've regained voice calling ability in and out, but have lost ALL connections in the process, business and personal.  Wish they would have suggested to check for service, even with maybe just a phone restart before asking me to reset all connections.  Very annoyed. 

cstishenko

Also having this issue. Started happening March 15th. Have a ticket in with CS. No real replies, just an auto generated one so far. 

jopublic306

Public Mobile is the best provider in the country I know people who been with Public for years never an issue 

HI @Jake13   let us know how it turns out

Jake13

I did. Nothing changed also tried a different phone etc.

filed a ticket, hopefully it gets resolved soon. My business is tied to the phone so I can’t be without it to long. 

HI @Jake13   did you try to turn off the phone for 5 mins first and try again?

if that does not fix your problem, please submit a ticket  at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jake13

I’m still having issues. When I try to phone anyone. All I get is a message saying. “Call can not be completed as you have no remaining minutes on your plan.”  This should not be the case as I have unlimited nation wide calling. 

@beckyharper79 wrote:

Mine is NOT resolved!

@beckyharper79 

the voice issue should have been resolved by now.  You still experiencing trouble?

Try to shutdown the phone for 5 mins before powering up and try agian

if still fail, try to disable the option to use VoLTE.  It is enabled on some devices now but not sure if the system is really setup for VoLTE for everyone

beckyharper79

Mine is NOT resolved!

@Christine14  

Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Christine14

Where do I open a ticket? I've tried everything since last Friday to get my outgoing to calls to work, and it still isn't working. I can receive texts, my payment is up-to-date, but I am still unable to make outgoing calls. 

@Edwinjong   this is something you need to check with PM support directly. If you have not open a ticket with them yet, please kindly do so.

Edwinjong

Nope, still no luck. Best part of the day was that my son had an emergency and couldn’t be reached.

Apology not accepted without some form of compensation for our troubles!

Also actively looking for an alternative if Public can’t make this right - with both the basic service we pay for and also for the inconvenience.

@esjliv- Agreed. I was fine with the old pay before new term date.

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- I don't see any change. I'm mostly fine with the 2am of the new term given in 611. The account saying the TERM range to the new day I think is dumb. The Rewards page is just stupid showing a whole other day.

I know eh @dust2dust . Inconsistent with the new upgrades, IMO.
I will say the old self serve was more clear on start dates, and when to add funds before it was too late, etc.

@esjliv- I don't see any change. I'm mostly fine with the 2am of the new term given in 611. The account saying the TERM range to the new day I think is dumb. The Rewards page is just stupid showing a whole other day.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I have an account renewing on March 8th. I will be curious to see what happens...

EDIT, actually 611 says March 7th at 2am...gesh, I dislike these date differences from 611 to My Account to My Rewards.😑

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

A recent update from the PM team:

If customers plans are in suspend after failure of overnight renewal, need to contact customer service agent to fix account.

Other customers who are unable to make incoming or outgoing calls, try to power cycle the phone (Turn off and then on).  It won't work for all situations but seems to work for many. 

Public mobile is continuing to investigate these issues. 

mtlurbaniste

Still having problems. Renewal date was March 5. Auto payment did not go through and account was suspended. I have tried multiple times to pay online but will not go through. Have set up a ticket but no response yet.

Thanks @J_PM   for the update

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Everyone, 

We are still seeing cases where customers are still unable to make calls. This is helpful feedback all! Our teams are on it. 

Thank you, 

J

DannyB1

*** renewal date March 6th

DannyB1

Can confirm that this is a problem still.  Renewal Date today ( March 4th)  payment was taken on Visa ( see via online banking) Account remains active - voice calls state no active plan - cannot receive or make phone calls.  to complicate matters - plan change was supposed to happen today too ( 90day > 30Day plan)

DM - sent  but no response as yet

*sigh*

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PublicMgr_Alex @J_PM  - yes, more issues being reported that seem the same as within the last week.

Are the dates in our My Account being adjusted or played with to actually 30 days; as currently is shows 31 days including both start and end dates?

I see recent customers saying their renewal is today March 6th, but no calling is working. So not sure if this is connected.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PublicMgr_Alex @J_PM 

Look like the voice trouble has came back to some customers. 

Also, not sure if it is related, there have been some posts about unable to change Call forwarding since the voice trouble issue.  

Kindly investigate

dapowell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We're experiencing the same issue. Did you happen to be at the end of your pay cycle? Then it fixed itself when the auto-pay kicked in?

My phone and my wife's phone both stopped being able to make or receive calls at almost exactly 7PM which is midnight GMT (0 timezone)

dapowell

We're experiencing the same issue. Did you happen to be at the end of your pay cycle?

My phone and my wife's phone both stopped being able to make or receive calls at almost exactly 7PM (she tried to make a call just after 7, made calls earlier in the day just fine).

The system says our accounts expired March 6, which is in the future. Our auto pay kicks in at midnight. I'm thinking this will fix itself at midnight, still frustrating that we can't call though.

@dapowell  They could have been working overtime  🙂 

Let us know how it turns out

dapowell

Yes I already have, they escalated it to technical support. But it's past 10 so 🤷

Need Help? Let's chat.