cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service with new sim card

Joshsmith
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

new SIM card in an iPhone 6 says no service. 
shows public mobile as the carrier in settings but no service. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Joshsmith 

just.open ticket by direct message then:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Joshsmith

Thank you but I only get errors messages when I try o submit a ticket. 

Joshsmith

I bought the phone used. Seems to check out that it is unlocked and not on the stolen list or blacklist.

I did find another phone to try the SIM card in and it works......

under carrier settings it says public mobile but under the about section in settings it says no network.

Hi @Joshsmith maybe the sim was not setup properly 

Please submit ticket with CS agent using message (Chatbot is now working at the momet)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Joshsmith  oh new account

Was the iPhone working on another network before? when did you last use the phone?

And the phone is showing not connected? any error like "No SIM"? "Sim not provisioned"? "no network?

and you checked the credit card and PM charged you?

If it is new account and sim not working, likely it is just a sim card provisioning problem.  Easy fix for support but you will need to engage them via ticket:

Click "Yes, I'm a customer", then click "Sign In", once signed in, ignore the choices and type "Contact agent"
              Then click "Contact Us", and click "My Account".  Finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗ " and you can open the ticket
2. Or if you have trouble with Chatbot, Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Joshsmith

This is a new account with a new sim card

Joshsmith

Tried the reboot. No other phone to try it in

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Joshsmith try reboot the phone or try the sim in another phone 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Joshsmith 

how you link the new sim card to your account?  did you login to My Account, go to Profile page, click the "Pencil" (Edit) besides sim card and update the sim card number there?

Need Help? Let's chat.