cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on my phone.

Nelson44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

“No Service “ showing on my phone since last night and tried restarting,took out and reinstalled SIM card but still not working. 

24 REPLIES 24

@Jb456 wrote:

when you're on the bottle at 4am and two beautiful Russian woman ask you to jump in pool with them. You don't think about a phone in your pocket 😂😂😂

Perhaps upon seeing who you'd be joining, you thought that wasn't a phone in your pocket, @Jb456   😉

Most SIM change requests are because of lost of phone, if email option is gone.. how to validate?

Yes, email could be hacked.. then it's the person's own responsibility to turn on 2FA on the email

Yes, it would be nice to have a nice support for this issue.. but this go back to PM does not not have live support.. So, the SIM change procedure has to designed accordingly

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@darkomega 

Funny that....jumping into a pool with 2 Russian men is much less appealing!🤔

@darlicious never said that 😉

@darkomega 

Funny that....jumping into a pool with 2 Russian men is much less appealing!🤔

darkomega

@Jb456 Lol, I cant fault you there then, you only live once after all.

@Jb456 

Customer support during business hours is quite fast nowadays back to about 10 minutes since they fixed my private messaging issue and I do still on occasion get late night service if the overnight CSA's presumably aren't very busy so an urgent message might yield a response.

I much prefer 2FA (if I dont have choice)that gives you the phone call option so that having voice mail access solves that pesky text issue. I suppose I wouldn't be able to get around  ArriveCan app but I tend to screenshot things rather than having to get different apps and sign ins and what nots.....for the most part my entire life is not wrapped up in my phone

@darkomega  Have a waterproof one (Samsung 21 Ultra) left it at home to be safe in case I lost it or stolen. Wasn't expecting for my old phone to go swimming but hey when you're on the bottle at 4am and two beautiful Russian woman ask you to jump in pool with them. You don't think about a phone in your pocket 😂😂😂

Correct, sim card survived the water.

darkomega

@Jb456 that or invest in a waterproof phone, or sim swap to a cheapo prepaid phone if you dunk a non-waterproof one lol, since I doubt water fries the sim itself.

@darkomega  @darlicious  I think with the very limited amount of people needing to change sim card. (Meaning it's not an everyday thing nor is it 100s of customers at a time) then PM should have away to reach a live agent to validate account n change sim card.

Haven't been on for awhile, like the past so don't know what's new or not. Does PM still have the live chat Agent for activations? Where people were able to reach a real person (Not silly Simon) to activate?. If they do still have that think it would be best to have one for sim changes. As well as a big note on activation page "Don't use same password as your email password".

Recently I started to not become a fan of two factor verification. A few weeks ago I was in Cuba. My phone took a dip with me 🤣. It was dead. Had all my vaccinations on phone. Couldn't use the arrive can app. Was not able to log into Facebook to keep in touch with people. I also couldn't get a new copy of my vaccination proof from the Quebec website as my account was set up to text me a link to download my proof. Yet I was completely stranded as I was not able to get into anything whatsoever due to two factor. 🤬

Was quite the experience getting through Montreal airport without vaccination proof other than a negative PCR test in Spanish 🤣 having to explain to like 5 different people the same story that my phone took a swim and everything is locked up because all my accounts send me a text to verify.. learned my lesson. Two factor will be turned off from now on when I leave the country.

darkomega

@darlicious @Dunkman Everyone needs to turn on two-factor auth on their emails, would solve that issue, or just have self serve here have the option, I'm not completely against the option, it just leaves a huge loophole, sadly.

@Nelson44 

If you have just activated your sim card may not have provisioned correctly upon activation if your sim card worked previously then it may need reprovisioning. You will need to contact customer support as previously provided. Type "account related issue" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon.

@Jb456 @darkomega 

Using email as an option for verification when performing a sim swap is the alternative for those who may have lost or had their phone stolen. Otherwise their only option to perform a sim swap is contacting customer support. Not ideal overnight when the likelihood of customer support response is extremely low.

Customers sometimes lose their phones/SIM card and can't receive the text to change to new SIM card. Then email is the better option.  These days, a secure email is important for many online transactions.  

darkomega

@Jb456 And that is why I use a password manager that's very secure and I randomize my passwords in a way that's not common when I generate them.

@darkomega completely agree with you. There's been a few data breaches with Cell providers in the past. Koodo as well suffered data breaches. Then sim swapping became a thing. 

Not saying it's OPs case but many people use the same password for literally everything. Wouldn't be hard  for trained hackers that have their hands on past breaches user account information. Chances are high same password is used for multiple logins. 

darkomega

@Jb456 wrote:

@darkomega  check your account 😎

Screenshot_20211219-092706_Chrome.jpg

Well for security the second option shouldn't even be a thing honestly, allowing for that to happen over email is just a bad idea, especially since self-serve here doesn't have two-factor auth, and most people don't even do that for their emails.

@darkomega  check your account 😎

Screenshot_20211219-092706_Chrome.jpg

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nelson44 wrote:

“No Service “ showing on my phone since last night and tried restarting,took out and reinstalled SIM card but still not working. 

@Nelson44  in the event this was a failed or incomplete port over to Public Mobile I have Private Messaged you the Porting Phone number (for Porting issues only). See your INBOX.

If this is not your situation, you can disregard my message.

Good Luck!

darkomega

@Jb456 wrote:

@darkomega  You don't need your phone to verify. You can get verification via email. So if OP email was hacked a sim swap can still be completed.

If they match then next would be to see if the customer just joined, if ever worked and if they ported or new number. Which @esjliv  already asked.

Well, that's a massive loophole, in all my times swapping providers I never once had an email allowing me to just reply to that for verification, it's always been by text from any of the providers.

@darkomega  You don't need your phone to verify. You can get verification via email. So if OP email was hacked a sim swap can still be completed.

If they match then next would be to see if the customer just joined, if ever worked and if they ported or new number. Which @esjliv  already asked.

darkomega

And remember we are all customers here like you, so please don't post personal info when giving more details on your issue since this is a public forum, thanks!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nelson44 wrote:

@Nelson44  - I will throw out some suggestions while waiting for further details....

Try one or more of the below for network issues:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

*Check for outages in your area: https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

or https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time (2-3 hours for cell, up to 7 days for land/voip) it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nelson44 wrote:

@Nelson44  are you an existing customer that had working services prior to last night?

OR, did you just recently activate a PM SIM card / account?

This will be helpful to know for trouble shooting your issue.

darkomega

@Jb456 wrote:

@Nelson44 

Long into your account and click "Change Sim card". It will show last 4 digits of your sim card number.

Now take your sim out of your phone. Do the last 4 digits match?

Good thinking with that, but with the current sim protection that public mobile offers they would have to approve a swap.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Nelson44 

Long into your account and click "Change Sim card". It will show last 4 digits of your sim card number.

Now take your sim out of your phone. Do the last 4 digits match?

Need Help? Let's chat.