cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service. I've tried everything.

MattMan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I dropped my phone 2 days ago. And everything seemed okay, but when I woke up the service wasn't working on my phone. Nothing else seemed amiss, just an empty service icon in the top right corner. I restarted the phone. Nothing changed. Cleaned the SIM. Nothing. Checked every setting. Nothing. Ran a Backup and did a factory reset. Nothing. 

So I'm out of ideas and still missing service. The only clue I have is that it isn't allowing me to manually search for networks. Makes the attempt but finds nothing, strange seeing as I am in Edmonton.

Anybody have any clues?

6 REPLIES 6

@MattMan wrote:

Yeah my account is active. I'll check the SIM as soon as I can get my hands on another phone.

Any update?

Did yo check your SIM in another phone. SIM are pretty solid at there are no moving parts and everything is enclosed in solid piece of plastic. Even if you drop SIM from second floor (or 20th) nothing will break.

Most likely something did happen to your phone. Visually inspect SIM contacts if possible.

If SIM works in another phone you have a reason to upgrade your old phone.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lol true story, I feel that 😕

@MattMan wrote:

Yeah my account is active. I'll check the SIM as soon as I can get my hands on another phone.

Your phone died, probably issues with the SIM reader.  SIM cards are robust.  

MattMan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MattMan  - oh man, if dropping my phone meant I lost service then I would never have service...LoL.

Can you confirm your account status is still showing ACTIVE?

Also, confirming where the issue lies, can you try you SIM into another compatible phone to make sure services work? If they work, then something went 'off' in your phone perhaps? 

You can also try someone else's SIM card in your phone..to make sure you didn't 'break it'.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@MattMan 

Log into self service and confirm your account is in Active status. If yes, try sim in another unlocked phone. It is either a damaged SIM card or a damaged phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.