cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Hardware, not connecting, Samsung S10

AnnoyedAtPM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all! I have a Google Pixel 2 which I detest, but it's been on PM for a while and working fine in that regard. I just bought an unlocked S10 today, and took the SIM out of the Pixel and put it in to the S10. The S10 is still saying "No SIM Card, emergency calls only" and this is after toggling Airplane mode, resetting the networks, and restarting it as well as full power cycles. I am not sure what to do from here, any help would be appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@AnnoyedAtPM  Can you try any other SIM in your new phone?

How do you know phone is not broken or blacklisted? Have you actually seen this phone connecting to ANY provider when you did buy it?

If PM SIM worked fine in old phone there is no reason not to work in 'new' phone.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Kijiji buy? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds like the S10 is broken.  Was the phone BNIB or used?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AnnoyedAtPM   If you put your PM SIM back to your Pixel 2, the SIM works?

did you try to put another active sim from any provider to see if it works?  It could be a fault device. 

I hope it is not (to be honest, the error doesn't sound like that either), but check Blacklist to confirm  that your phone is clean since you just got it.  Check it here:

https://devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

From those full power offs and turn on, does it give any message? Does any other sim work in it?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@AnnoyedAtPM 

Try reinserting the SIM card and rebooting.

Need Help? Let's chat.