cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan but no internet connection on $28/month deal

Albi_Ca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I currently changed my plan and was excited to see there was 1GB together with the plan. however everytime I wanted to use it, it seemed there was no I internet plan.

Anyone knows anything about this?

If there is such a plan, it should have kicked in the day I switched the plan (through which I was able to talk unlimited and text unlimited)

Anyone else experienced this?

What should I do from here?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow if that's true, why doesn't telus charge lesser amounts as a subsidiary of bell, rather than the exact same prices and one of the big 3? Just wondering, I'm sure no one knows but it is curious

@NormanWalsh wrote:

Hi Pawprint, signal boosters are good for home use and work amazing but I don't need it with Bell. Bell has all kinds of new towers up so reception is way better.

Hi @NormanWalsh   do you know PM and Bell share the same towers?  If Bell has all kind of new  towers, then we are using them as well?  So, our reception will be way better from the new Bell towers too

NormanWalsh

Hi Pawprint, signal boosters are good for home use and work amazing but I don't need it with Bell. Bell has all kinds of new towers up so reception is way better.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NormanWalsh how's your reception usually? I have spotty data but I'm also in the ground floor of a building, my view is another building and lots of trees and such... So it's spotty but I think it's a my living space thing, rather than a PM thing. Briefly looked into a signal booster but they seem to all require roof mounts, and well, no can do. Don't even have a balcony rail to mount it, and even if I did I'd worry about theft being ground floor. Have yet to find any sort of standalone repeater to put in my best  reception area indoors and have that flow through... 🤷

@NormanWalsh wrote:

Your best bet is to look at Bell Unlimited talk and text + 500 MB data for $30.00 and you will get better network with reliable calls coming in. Not sure what PM is up to but service is none to spotty.

If PM is SO bad, why are you here?

@Albi_Ca   so, you have been PM customer working without issue,  and just changed plan and no internet since?

Are you on Android? any chance you have set a Mobile data limit ? Confirm if the limit was set too low and stopped your data from the device level

Or you can click Reset all network  and see if it works.  With this, make sure you aware that your saved Wifi will be gone and you will need to set them up again

And you have another phone around? try to use the Sim card on the other phone and see if data working agian

I remember there was some issue with Plan change and data earlier, so, if nothing works, open ticket with PM Support and they can sort  it out for you on the system

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Albi_Ca

I just changed this plan, not even a month ago or so. I could have gone with Freedom Mobile as well, but didn't want to give up on Public Mobile yet since I have been a customer for many years. I want a solution for Public not just switching 

NormanWalsh

Your best bet is to look at Bell Unlimited talk and text + 500 MB data for $30.00 and you will get better network with reliable calls coming in. Not sure what PM is up to but service is none to spotty.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Albi_Ca 

Try 1 or more of the below:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works

Albi_Ca

Correct, the $25 plan which including tax goes around $28 (so really saying the amount we pay cuz tax is paid by us).

Yes I have used the plan before from the same provider. I will check the APN settings again and get back to you.

The weird thing is that, the phone is saying that I have used internet, though I can never access any sites or apps. Can't receive messages from apps or anything. Thanks 

There is no $28 plan.  Is it the $25 plan that you changed to?  Have you ever used data before on this same device at Public Mobile? Check your APN settings and compare to the following: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.