cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New A95 Bkackview won't update

ARandyGoat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It says there is a system update so I goto download it with my mobile data and it looks like it's gonna go but then it says there was an error 😞 I'd like to keep my new phone up to date so help plz

10 REPLIES 10

ARandyGoat

Heyo! I contacted Blackview and they said it was apart of their software package.. so nothing to worry about lol Google was misinformed. Thanks for everything guys! Y'all have a great day.

@ARandyGoat   interesting that the OS update has to do with Play service and framework cache.  Something learned

for Omacp, you see it on the application list?  can you uninstall it there from there or at least disable it?

And Omacp seems to attach to either browser or messaging app

For browser, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the browser of your choice.  

For messaging app, does Blackview come with its own messaging app.  If so, disable it and use Google Messager instead

@ARandyGoat 

Great that you figured it out and updated the OS on your Blackview.

ARandyGoat

Hey guys! I found a solution!! All I had to do was clear my google framework cache and Google Play service cache 😄 there's a YouTube video called "How to force your Android smartphone to update" you can watch to see how to do it. Lol pretty simple. Unfortunately after restarting my smartphone I got a omacp notification which is a virus of some sorts... Living up to my alias I suppose 😉 Anyone got any pro tips on how to deal with omacp?

ARandyGoat

Well, the update is only 16mb. Anyways my local pizzeria's wifi started to download it but then just conked out. So, I dunno 😞 is there like a website I could manually download blackview OS updates.

@ARandyGoat   not sure how much data you got, but downloading an OS update can drain all your data.  Some OS update can be as much as 1GB to 1.5GB.  It's better to download it over some free Wifi you have access with, like your friends' Wifi, or Work, or even public Wifi

ARandyGoat

My data plan was refreshed/paid for yesterday lol got all my gigs back for the month so it can't be a data issue I'll try the free wifi at the cafe later. Will update y'all. Thanks!

@ARandyGoat 

I am surprised that your data won’t do the OS update unless you are near the end of your data usage.

Yes try free wifi at your local cafe and let us know if the update was completed.

ARandyGoat

Bummer. I don't have home wifi I guess the local net cafe might work!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ARandyGoat 

You might have to connect to your home wifi to OS update.

Need Help? Let's chat.