cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No promos for existing customers?

MattieAustin123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I’ve tried to add the 12MONTHS12GBS promo to my plan but to no avail. I’m currently getting 5gb/mo for $40.

Should I just change carriers as Koodo is offering 20gb/40$ right now.

14 REPLIES 14

SulamanKarimi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@MattieAustin123 

I would advise you not to move at all and wait until Black Friday, Cyber Monday to fully understand deals before moving. Boxing day deals may have Public Mobile offer a surprise deal for us current members. You might even get a better deal than Koodo. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

was the 40 for 20GB a winback offer from Koodo?

MattieAustin123

thank you all!! I just need my butt kicked in the right direction, I'm changing my plan at renewal date to 40/mo for 15 gbs 😄

fawkes40

Just a note on the Koodo plan (because I saw it today, too) it does say it expires after 15 months. Not sure what happens then but I thought it was good information to share.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MattieAustin123 

The 12MONTHS12GBS code is only valid for new activation only.

Instead of getting $40 17GB(12 + 5) for 1 year, existing customer can switch to the $40 15GB 4G plan and stay on the $40 15GB plan as long as you want.  If you ask me, the $40 15GB plan is a much better plan.  It is a limited time offer to the existing customers. 

Yes, you can switch to Koodo plan.  The decision is yours. 

For me, I will keep the old PM rewards to lower the monthly payment at least by $7 after 5 years staying with PM for doing nothing.

When logged into your self-serve account, tap the 4g under "Plans and Add-ons", then scroll down one plan and you should see this.

Be sure to "change plan on renewal date" otherwise you'll lose what's remaining on your current cycle.

HALIMACS_0-1668386338403.png

@MattieAustin123 

you are actually in luck

The $40 - 15 GB is still available.  Login to My Account using Incognito mode,  go to Change plan and you should see the plan there.  Make your choice wisely... PM or Koodo,  🙂

MattieAustin123

I didn’t get the 15gb/40$ in time.. am I SOL?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes, @MattieAustin123, you probably should switch if a high data component at 4g speeds is important to you.

The other alternative is to wait and see what PM offers may be in the works for the coming weeks...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MattieAustin123 is the Koodo  $40 for 20 GB an ongoing  plan or those plan will go back up after 12 months?

the current $40 - 15 GB is a good deal as the price will stay.  

And you are on the old rewards system I assume.  From your Community start date, you should be getting $1 per cycle now.  So, your bill will be $39 for 15 GB, the this price will go further down as you stay with PM

December is coming, so, there likely be Holiday bonus for existing customers as well  🙂

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@MattieAustin123 

Yes, there are promotions for existing customers sometimes ( like the $40 for 15GB at 4G ) but just not the one you mentioned and wanted. Good try though.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@MattieAustin123 hi send me the link for that promo I can't find it 🙄

@MattieAustin123 wrote:

Hi,

I’ve tried to add the 12MONTHS12GBS promo to my plan but to no avail. I’m currently getting 5gb/mo for $40.

Should I just change carriers as Koodo is offering 20gb/40$ right now.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@MattieAustin123 

That 12 GB promo is not for existing customers. PM is offering 15 GB for $40. You can make a plan change in self service on your next renewal date. The Koodo deal you mentioned is a good offer.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That code is not available to existing accounts. You can always make a new account. Or if you like Public then they also have a 15gb 4G plan for the same amount.

Need Help? Let's chat.