cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Data Add-On Purchased but does not show in my account.

edli33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please let me know where I can see the 1GB data add-on I purchased for $15.

In my payment history it shows $15 was debited from my credit card and this it shows a 1GB data top-up where the $15 was debited, so my available balance is now zero, but I still don't see the data top-up.

Thx

Edward 

10 REPLIES 10

@edli33 

you didn't even need to purchase an add-on. 

contact customer support

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST 

Yes, that's a comment we've seen a few times here. It's interesting. And odd. I guess all you can do is ask support to fix whatever needs to be fixed to make all your other 4.22 gigs of available data work when you run out of the plan data.

edli33

Hi, thanks for the detailed response.  Yes, I did try the refresh link (although it already said updated a minute ago), and private mode showed me the same information.  If the data left in my account is still valid/active, then what others are saying is true in my case as well.  I'm on the 250mb plan and as soon as it's used up, I get cut off.  The system never applies any of the data left in my account to my plan.  Is there any way to fix this issue.  There's no point in have these data add-ons in my account if they never get applied when I exceed the 250mb per month plan allowance.

Thx

Edward

A primary point of confusion is the information doesn't show actual current information. So we need to click on the little spinner refresh icons (under the shop add-ons button) or use private mode. Did you?

Before we're sure you've refreshed things, you do seem to have other data available to you. So why did you buy data? We have read of some people saying they have data but that the system doesn't seem to be using it. But maybe that's not refreshed either. So make sure of all the refreshing as mentioned.

Yes that circled item is your purchased add-on. Add-ons don't follow the 30 days. They sit on the account waiting to be needed until they get used up when they do get used.

The middle part of that page (to the left) will show your plan details and consumption.

Your phone will just show any and all data usage. It can't know if it's the plan or add-ons.

Topping up money doesn't do anything until you buy add-ons or the renewal happens. You might be thinking of pay as you go type services. This is not.

edli33

Hi, thanks for your response.  I find the home My Account page very confusing.  The data usage is for the billing period, and not for the current data usage period like it shows on my phone.  Can you confirm if the circled item in the screenshot below is my 1GB data top-up/add-on?  I can't tell because there are all these other add-ons which show unused amounts, even though they are most likely expired or no longer valid.  It would be helpful to know if the unused data has expired or not, since my add-on should be a rolling balance, and the promos or bonuses/giveaways are likely expired.  Also, why doesn't the top-up increase my current 250mb data allowance on my phone?

edli33_0-1668616469505.png

Thx

Edward

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@edli33- That user has not kept up with the new system. It's no longer deposit first then buy. It's now a cart system where you choose the item and then pay for it. You appear to have done everything right. The problem is the system isn't giving you proper updated information.

Go back to the first page and click on any little spinner refresh icons or use private mode to try to get updated information.

@edli33 

Try refreshing your browser by clicking on the circular arrow.

edli33

This is what is showing in my payment history.  There's are no funds in may account after the purchase.

edli33_0-1668584397545.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@edli33 

If you have $15 or more available fund in your account, you have not completed your add-on purchase yet.

Step 1 is to add fund to your account.

Step 2 is to purchase the add-on with the available fund in your account.

The first page after login will show you the add-ons in the account and how much data you had used and what is left in your add-on.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@edli33 

Login to your account using a different browser in incognito mode and you'll probably see it then.

Need Help? Let's chat.