cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Telus Mobile Number is not Eligible for Port

lennyr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I am currently a customer of Telus and i am trying to Port my Telus Number to my currently Active Public Mobile Account.

Today when activating I selected a new number temporarily, and than after I'd signed up I went into My Profile to port my number, after typing in My Telus Mobility Phone and Account Number to Port it loaded forever, and so I refreshed the My Profile Page and saw that My Phone Number hadn't been updated to my Telus one, however its still this new one I selected when activating with Public. - I also never got the text to verify the switch...

So, I've since tried porting My Telus Number to them 3 more times and every single time it is saying that the Phone Number is not Eligible for Port..

Can someone please explain to me what the issue may be, will it be possible to Port it at all?

18 REPLIES 18

lennyr

Thank you for the reassurance. 

I have sent them a message.

@lennyr wrote:

Do you think the @CS_Agent will be able to help me port my number from Telus to Public Mobile?

I need to keep my Telus number if I am switching to Public, it's been my number for as long as i can remember and I don't want to have to let it go.

@lennyr   Yes, they should.  I see no reason why you cannot port a Telus number here.  No worry.  If anything, submit ticket to PM and they can port the number here

lennyr

Do you think the @CS_Agent will be able to help me port my number from Telus to Public Mobile?

I need to keep my Telus number if I am switching to Public, it's been my number for as long as i can remember and I don't want to have to let it go.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lennyr

Uh oh....that means it can't be ported here either likely because telus doesn't have an exchange there or something? Odd that it was ported telus but Bell and telus aren't seeing eye to eye there over the B5 thing.....?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lennyr 

Well you can double check it but it looks like it should be OK....and hopefully your phone has B2 because telus no longer has B5 in Winnipeg and Brandon so voice services may be affected in certain areas but there have been barely any affected customers surprisingly.

lennyr

When using the Website you just sent me, after typing in my current Telus number that I'm trying to port to Public it says 204-291-XXXX
Unfortunately, this number isn't eligible to move to Koodo Mobil

lennyr

I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba. (204-291) I originally got the Number with MTS/BellMTS, however i switched to Telus for the better reception in the areas I traveled to and from.

I've had the number I want to port to PublicMobile with Telus for a few years now. This has always been my phone number. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lennyr 

Where are you located? What are the first 6 digits of your phone # ? If the phone number originally from telus? There are some areas where phone numbers cannot be ported from or to?

Check your number for portability.....

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

lennyr

When I try to submit the port again it says that the number is not eligible for port... it has saad this all 3 times so far.

However it worked the original time, it just hasn't since but nothing has happened.

I will try incognito and ill clear my browser cache, cookies, and history first. Not sure if it will make any difference though.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@lennyr 

Can you try submitting your port again in self service, but clear your browser cache and history first. Close browser and then open a new window in incognito/private mode. Chrome works well.

lennyr

I am still using my Telus SIM Card right now, I haven't taken it out and won't untill my number has ported to Public.

It is still active, I am getting all my calls and texts from everyone else but no port request text message ever came in yet.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@lennyr 

You need to put your old Telus SIM card in your phone to confirm that you want to port your number out. That is where the text will go to. You are correct, once the number has been successfully ported out your Telus account will be closed automatically.

lennyr

Yes, that's correct.

My account is still active with Telus, i just paid them on the 14th so I am switching two days into my billing cycle.

From my understanding once my number successfully ports, my Telus account will automatically close and I'll stop being billed by them.

I will know it worked if my Telus SIM Card stops working and goes out of service, I'll switch it to the Public one, but the Public one hasn't gotten my Telus Number to port yet.. and i don't want this new number... I need my Telus number ported to my Public Account. 

also yes @Brilliance in my profile it says my number is still the new one that i selected when activating, not the Telus one that I attempted to port after creating my account and activating.. it doesn't show up anywhere on my Public Mobile account?

@Brilliance   true, it is weird.  You can call that porting department to confirm tomorrow.  If they don't see the porting request, I suggest you to open a ticket with PM Support and have them help to submit the porting request. 

and by the way, your Telus account is still active and not suspended?

lennyr

I've only gotten verification codes to sign into My Account from Public Mobile, so far nothing with a Contact Number regarding this port that doesn't seem to be happening....

lennyr

But i never got the text message from Telus asking me to approve the Port of My Telus Number..

When they call me, will they call me to the Number that isn't Porting properly or will they call me to the alternative phone number I provided when doing the Port Process?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lennyr   it said your number is not eligible for port, it could be because your first request attempt went through, and it has started the porting process.

There is a number to cal and confirm.  Call them tomorrow morning (the porting helpdesk is now closed).  Will message you the number.  Please check your Community inbox

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@lennyr 

Check your email…icon top right…I will send you a number to call.

Need Help? Let's chat.