cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing a SIM card

DennisPysyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife's phone cannot text or call as she has no cell service. The service is okay here as I have the same phone, same provider, at the same location and my phone works okay. Her phone worked ok for the past 2 yearsWe have purchased a new SIM card but can't get into her account because the 6 digit security code is always sent to her dead phone, therefore does not come through.

Her phone has internet on it. We downloaded the Public mobile App but we still need to log into the account and it always sends a code that we can't receive.

4 REPLIES 4

@DennisPysyk wrote:

Thanks. Got the new SIM card installed but still unable to call or text??

Not sure where to turn now??

If the SIM card was already in the device when the change was made in your account, did you restart your phone after completing the change?

DennisPysyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. Got the new SIM card installed but still unable to call or text??

Not sure where to turn now??

@DennisPysyk wrote:

My wife's phone cannot text or call as she has no cell service. The service is okay here as I have the same phone, same provider, at the same location and my phone works okay. Her phone worked ok for the past 2 yearsWe have purchased a new SIM card but can't get into her account because the 6 digit security code is always sent to her dead phone, therefore does not come through.

Her phone has internet on it. We downloaded the Public mobile App but we still need to log into the account and it always sends a code that we can't receive.

For ths issue about not being able to log in, please use the option that says that the code was not receieved/resend code.  From there, the code can be requested by e-mail.

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you get the prompt for the security code, there should be an option to send it via email.  It is not shown the first time, but after that, it should show up as an option.

Need Help? Let's chat.