cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service in states

DenisMarin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a US add on for talk/text/ data .  Text and Data are working but I cannot place calls nor receive them.  

Please help,  I need voice service. 

9 REPLIES 9

DenisMarin

Well, it worked... at someplaces.  Turns out that I've still been missing allot of calls. Depends on where I am. No service at all in some locations, worked fine elsewhere. All in Sacramento région. 

Will see if I can get a refund. This service is not worth the price unfortunately. 

DenisMarin

Thx.  I switched to T-Mobile and it works now.  I was on AT&T,  so as you say,  T-Mobile seems to work better. 

@BKNS27- AT&T has been found to be working for us now. They have coverage in Alaska. But only volte. Without volte then the only option is 2G on T-Mobile and indeed they aren't in Alaska.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DenisMarin 

If you are in Alaska, PM add-on does work in Alaska because there are no T-Mobile cell towers.

@JRod wrote:

Make sure that data roaming is turned on.

When it comes the data roaming setting, the custoemer must arleady have this enabled as data is arleady working.  Also, this setting has zero effect on voice services which is the part that isn't working.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DenisMarin , what model of phone are you using?  Check if it is on the whitelist for VoLTE.  If not, you are at the mercy of T-Mobile 2G coverage for phone calls which is quite iffy.

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/how-to-use-volte

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US talk. Try to manually connect to T-mobile.

Engage Roaming toggle (switch/slider). Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DenisMarin  Reboot the phone and make sure you’re connected to T mobile or AT&T . Also do you know if your account has been enabled for voLTE if your phone has option for it turn it on 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DenisMarin 

Make sure that data roaming is turned on. Go to cellular settings, network selection, turn off automatic and select T-Mobile. Then reboot your device. 

AT&T might also work but I’ve heard more members have more success with T-Mobile. 

Also ensure you turn back to automatic or manually select Public Mobile and then reboot when you return to Canada. 

Need Help? Let's chat.