cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data on iPhone 7

Engoac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried resetting the network and rebooting several times, with the APN at sp.mb.com and isp.mb.com both. The iOS is 15.4.1. So I also tried downloading a profile from the .nz website however there is no option to install it on the iphone. What should I do? I can receive texts and phone calls ok for some reason. 

Thank you 

19 REPLIES 19

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Engoac 

That link (the first one) I gave you essentially does the same thing iTunes does to update the carrier profile you just have to access it with the iPhone on wifi for it to work.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Engoac 

It's a thing....when changing providers with an iPhone you check for any software updates then you connect to iTunes to update the carrier profile for data. But if you are not an apple person then you don't have all those other Apple things to connect to....you can do it manually too....I would have to look it up.....all theory again....lol!

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

@Engoac wrote:

Thanks! I've tried it on my Android phone and it works fine. 

Ok. At least you know it's your phone with a problem.

@Engoac wrote:

Thanks for the link. What do you mean by connect to itunes for carrier profile? Thanks again

Connect your phone to a computer with USB and open iTunes. 

Engoac

Thanks for the link. What do you mean by connect to itunes for carrier profile? Thanks again

Engoac

Thanks! I've tried it on my Android phone and it works fine. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Engoac 

Did you check for updates and then connect to iTunes for the carrier profile update?

This thread can explain things better than I can in theory....android user!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118#M162906

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Engoac wrote:

I've tried resetting the network and rebooting several times, with the APN at sp.mb.com and isp.mb.com both. The iOS is 15.4.1. So I also tried downloading a profile from the .nz website however there is no option to install it on the iphone. What should I do? I can receive texts and phone calls ok for some reason. 

Thank you 

See if data works in a different phone. This is to see if there's an account problem.

Engoac

Hi, I have tried this, however there doesn't seem to be any option in the settings of the iphone to install the profile 

Engoac

Their data is on. 

The data says 5GB at 3G speed: 0.020/5120MB 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Engoac 

Try here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Fix-for-iOS-15-4-19E5209h-Data-issue/td-p...

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private messsage. Click here 

@Engoac wrote:

Sorry I should have clarified.. it is a new account for a family member that I am setting up for them. Thank you.

@Engoac  - forgive me for asking...is their DATA option turn to the ON selection in the settings of their phone?

And question, still remains, is there a data line showing in the self serve overview area?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Do they have a self serve account set up? What does the data meter show there?

Engoac

Sorry I should have clarified.. it is a new account for a family member that I am setting up for them. Thank you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Engoac wrote:

Thank you 

@Engoac  - you have been a community member for some time. Is this the first time data does not work?

Does your plan data or any addons show in your self serve account overview area?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

If nothing shows up then that normally means you used up all your data for this cycle.

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log in to your account / My data and add-ons. There, you'll see how much data you've used and therefore, how much remains. If you see no mention of data...you've used it up until next renewal or you purchase a data add-on.

Engoac

Hi, I just signed up a few days ago. It is an unlocked phone. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Since when? Since signing up? Since last renewal? Since yesterday? Have you ever had data here? Do you have data left under my data & add-ons?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Engoac   Your 15.4.1 OS is the official version and not Beta?

Why  you need a Carrier profile from .nz website and not get the official one?

Need Help? Let's chat.