cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data, new account and did apn...help please.

Losobar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Yesterday I activated my sim card, the apn settings were imported already. Phone calls work, received a text from public that my transfer request has been completed successfully (I ported my cell number from different provider)

Data didn't work, so I waited a couple of hours as I know sometimes things are delayed. Still didn't work, did hard reboot, didn't work, deleted apn settings and manually entered them, didn't work. (Always doing hard reboots after every change)

Decided to wait until today and it still doesn't work. It looks like its trying to work but Chrome give the error (the website you are trying to reach is taking too long or not responding...) - I've tried different websites (google.com, yahoo.com, google.ca...)

I'm using a oneplus 5, Android. I know public Mobile works normally on this phone as i had set up my wife about 4 months ago on her phone with the same specs.

I might need a moderator ?

Thank you for all your help in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

Losobar

Thank you, I think that's what I'm going to have to do  

@Losobar wrote:

Yup, I tried those settings.

I checked and have the 4.5 G for $40 plan.

Factory resetting, really trying everything else first 🙂 ... My phone is unlocked so I tried a different sim card from a different carrier and everything worked, but when using a public mobile sim .. it's the data that doesn't work.

If possible, what you'll want to try is your Public Mobile sim card in another Public Mobile customer's phone that is known to be working for cellular data.  That could eliminate all other possibilities.  If your sim card doesn't work in that phone, then your issue is account related and only a moderator can fix your accont for you.  If your Public Mobile sim card does work properly in the other customer's Public Mobile phone,  then you have an issue with the configuration with your phone, and unfortunately, there isn't anything moderators would be able to do for you other than to provide you with the APN settings (which you already have).

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Losobar, I recommend messaging a MOD and waiting for them to do some service reset on their end.  If after the MODS do their work and the data still doesn't work after about 24 hours, then as a last resort try the factory reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Losobar Given all you have done, suggest you login to your account and confirm plan is Active and data shows in Data & Add-ons. Then click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone number and 4 digit PIN. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, provide any 3 of the following in your message: complete mailing address, email address, alternate phone number,  last top up date & amount.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Understand about the factory reset hesitation....   

Maybe wait for the more experience community members....  they might have more better ideas....  

Losobar

Yup, I tried those settings.

I checked and have the 4.5 G for $40 plan.

Factory resetting, really trying everything else first 🙂 ... My phone is unlocked so I tried a different sim card from a different carrier and everything worked, but when using a public mobile sim .. it's the data that doesn't work.

@Losobar

As above you might need to contact moderator, but try a few of these things first....

Maybe recheck your APN against these specific settings for your phone:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/oneplus-5

(Make sure everything matches lower and upper cases, etc.)

Check on self-service to make sure you have data in your plan details.  

You may need to try a factory reset on your phone.  

vp6853
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sounds like you tried everything and you probably need moderator assistance.

Is it possible to try it with a different phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.