cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my number is not working after chatr port

a2dal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Guys

Ported over my number from chater yesterday morning.

Data and text is fine.

but my phone is not receiving any calls

been allmost 24 hours

Cheers

A2dal

8 REPLIES 8

@Vancouuver_User wrote:

Hi,

I have ported my number from Rogers > 24h ago and it is still not working.

It is very urgent because I am handing back my sim and phone to my employer tomorrow and need the number to work on my new phone.

Thank you for your help!

@Vancouuver_User  24 hours is a long time. Was it a Rogers business account? If yes, you might not be able to port the number unless your employer authorizes it. If it was a regular account then keep the sim and  just hand back the phone. Once your port is complete that Rogers sim cannot be used anymore.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Vancouuver_User wrote:

Hi,

It is very urgent because I am handing back my sim and phone to my employer tomorrow and need the number to work on my new phone.

Thank you for your help!

Is the old SIM still working in your rogers phone? If so the port hasn't finished yet.

Have you received the message that your port was successful?

If you have, the port my not have worked. In that case, please contact a moderator

(Moderators)>> Click here 

Vancouuver_User
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Thank you for your help!

tayeb2020
HI there,
when you use your chatr SIM card does it still work? if so the number was not ported yet.

and  below is what I did when I ported my number from Chart.

(((Hey there,    Thanks for reaching out to us!    I understand that you need help porting your Chatr number and I can surely assist you 🙂   In order for me to do so and for security purposes, may I ask for your Full Name, Phone Number & 4-Digit PIN?   If you do not have the PIN, please reply to us with 3 of the following matching up your account: Date of Birth  Full address with Postal Code  Last top-up.)))

1-The above message  is what I was asked by public mobile for porting my number from Chatr and I didnt contact chatr .the information provided to public mobile has to be the same as what you have with chatr.
2- I was also asked to provide Public mobile with my phone (IMEI number) 
3- public mobiel SIM card has to be compatible with you phone.
I hope this will help 

gsmhere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had entered all the information during the sign up process 

but it seems like there is some issue with PM servers

i’ve also emailed the moderators

hope they get back soon

@gsmhere 

The key to porting over a number from Chatr is to only use the account number for porting verification.  Unfortunately, Chatr doesn't provide this unless you specifically phone them and ask for it. 

Once you do that, send a private message to Public Mobile's moderators and have them resubmit the number porting request on your behalf.  Moderators can be contacted by clicking on the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

a2dal
Thanks best.
I forgot to mention.
I actually got an error message right at the end of the port.

This could be the problem.
Waiting for a mod to pm me.

Cheers
A

BEST

The number likely hasn't completed porting yet, you will recieve a text when it's completed. A way to verify/validate it is to swap back to your chatr or call your number with it out and it should go to your chatr voice messaging service. Also restart your phone a few times.

Need Help? Let's chat.