cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cell service help! When calling me it says your plan does not include a US roaming addon

darlene_gail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I recently moved to Victoria BC close to the United States border. I'm not sure if that's related or not as I have read others say they've had this happen to them when they're not even close to the border. 

In my account overview it says my services are on hold  due to the expiration of my subscription and that I have 90 days to pay and resume my services or my account will close. It also says my plan expired 2 days ago on Oct 30th. 

I have tried clicking pay now and resume services, but it gives me an error saying "sorry, we're not able to process your payment at this time. Please try again later." I have also tried changing my credit card without luck. 

My APN setttings look good other than the name being different. I have tried putting it cycling airplane mode on and off, restarting the phone numerous times, disabling roaming and pulling the sim card out a couple times.

Every month now for years my subscription has renewed automatically, I am not sure why it didn't this month. Looking at my account now it should "internal error" under available funds when a few hours ago it said $6.

Please help!

11 REPLIES 11

rafiraza786

this service is %^$%$# garbage....I tried all with different credit cards...does not work...keeps say cant process this time...Govt should stop this company for ever.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

As a temporary solution while you work through this you can opt to go buy a voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart and load it to your account manually. Doesn't solve your issue, but it will get your phone back up and running while you work it all out.

darlene_gail

Hi, thanks. It said sorry we're not able to process this request. Please contact the credit card company. I know the card is good. For some reason, I can't change the card back to the original card either - Public mobile says  "Oops we've encountered an error processing your request. Try again later"

@darlene_gail you might need support to investigate further

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Hoeever, to resume service first, buy a voucher from SDM/London Drug/711/Shell and then load the voucher using *611.  You can also buy voucher online, but with small fees, from recharge.com/ding.com/muskbird.com

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@darlene_gail 

Yes there have been report of AutoPay being disabled for no reason…most likely a glitch.

Try dialling 1-855-4PUBLIC from another phone to enable AutoPay/Subscribe.

Also, disable Roaming on your phone and connect to PM network once payment have been made.

darlene_gail

Hi, I tried calling *611 like you suggested to make the payment but it said sorry we're not able to process your payment at this time. Please contact your credit card company. 

I know the credit card has room on it and works. For some reason Public Mobile won't accept my changing the registered credit card back to the original either saying Oops we've encountered an error processing your request. Please try later or reach out to support. I have reached out to support now, just waiting on their help.

I agree that the account needs to be renewed first but what happens when you choose Telus there? My phone says Telus. It works fine. Choose it and see what happens.

@darlene_gail 

before you work on your connection issue, please confirm if the account is paid and renewed.  According to what you said earlier, your account was not properly renewed yet

Really? That is VERY odd as PM should show up on the list. If it's not, there may be a network issue. Try Telus for now as it's where PM works from. Look again tomorrow and if PM isn't on the list, you should contact a CS Agent to report the issue as they may not know there's an issue.

To contact a Customer Service Agent, please click on the following link. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to keep an eye on the top right corner where you’ll see this icon show up.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1698890895855.png

darlene_gail

Hi, Public mobile does not show up in the list. Only Telus, Freedom Mobile and few others.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darlene_gail 

your issue seems to be about your account not being renewed yet

wait a full hour first, try again using Incognito mode and try to pay once (click Pay now and resume services).

If that still does not work, try to make a payment using *611, but you need your 4 digits acocunt pin (if forgotten, you can reset the 4 digits pin on the Profile page)

Need Help? Let's chat.