cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No autopay even after 2 billing periods

jzmtl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I registered for autopay when I first signed up, but didn't see the $2 reward anywhere. I thought it would appear in the next billing period, but still nothing. So now I removed autopay, then re-registered, still nothing shows up

What is going on? I signed up for another family member a few months ago and it appears in her account without a hitch.

1.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jzmtl 

When you redeem points for add ons they are cheaper than buying them. 1GB is $15 or only 10 points which is $10. Or you can enter the lucky draw to win a new phone for 1 point.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah points back is the new bonus where you get 5% of what you pay for your plan and/or add ons. SO that 1.75 is your points back and 5% on your 35 plan. So for people that got a plan more than 40 they are actually getting a better reward then autopay but most ppl are prob on a 35 plan or below, so yes unfortunately the new system is inferior for many reasons.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes, the other family you signed up got in before the new system was brought in.

That is correct, @jzmtl 

More user intervention required - not like before where just having auto-pay and years of service resulted in lower monthly charges.

Public Mobile might call this 'improved options for it's customers', the regulars here call it a money-making venture for them.

jzmtl

Yeah the autopay works, but before the credit/reward would apply automatically each month, now I need to redeem them every so often since it appears 15 pts is the minimum I can convert to bill credit. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It will work automatically. You could ignore the points. As long as the credit card is valid it will carry on taking your money to renew the plan automatically. Just no discounts (rewards) anymore. Leave it be and never lift a finger to do anything. Until maybe the autopay does its random fail and you can't use the services.

jzmtl

I see, so nothing for signing up for autopay anymore, pretty annoying for people who don't want to deal with points and rewards, and just want things to work automatically. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Because autopay isn't a reward anymore. You would get the autopay data. You would see that autopay is on. But it doesn't give you a reward into your account. You earn points now. Then eventually you can redeem those points.

jzmtl

So no more reward for autopay anymore, in either auto bill credit or reward points?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jzmtl Points-Back is the "new" auto-pay "discount".

@jzmtl 

Rewards are based on the plan value of your plan. (and other things... )

For details, see the following details:

Introducing Public Points ™ - Community (publicmobile.ca)

BTW, if your other family member has the old reward system, don't encourage them to move to the new Public Points system - the older plan is superior.

jzmtl

What would it be named in reward? I looked at my reward page and there isn't anything titled "autopay" either. 

2.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jzmtl 

If you signed up on or after January 25, 2022, there is no autopay discount.

Rewards are now points which can be redeemed and no longer occur as direct discounts on renewals.

Need Help? Let's chat.