cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Activated and paid, shows as service suspended and billing period Oct 26-Nov 25

sarahuwu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just activated and paid using my credit card and I got charged and installed the eSIM but when I go into my account it shows my service as suspended and my billing period being from Oct 26 to Nov 25 and my service expiring today. 

The system is giving me the option to pay again but I just paid close to $40

I'm tempted to pay again and hope the initial $38 is just a pending charge or contact a moderator if it does indeed go through.

14 REPLIES 14

Labvirus

I also paid a second time as I needed a phone. My old number already transferred over and so I had no other choice as I didn't want to somehow lose my old number. I opened a Ticket to see if I can get a credit on the overpayment. Ticket system wouldn't work for me last night so I could only make one this morning. I get a feeling after such a crazy Black Friday the staff are overwhelmed. I had the same billing error as you with Oct 25th to Nov 25th even though billing cycle should be 30 days from payment. So clearly we had a glitch that just needs to be resolved. All we can do is wait patiently.

sarahuwu

I got an error saying the payment couldn't be processed but I could see the pending charge and after refreshing it showed the payment as going through and my service started working.

JNYC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your reply.  Once you paid again your services were all restored immediately?

sarahuwu

CS is completely busy rn so I haven't received a reply yet. I needed my phone today so I just paid the $38.42 again, if it goes through i guess I'll just have a credit towards my next month's bill and if it doesn't I'm guessing it's just stuck as pending but didn't actually process.

JNYC

Hi sarahuwu,

Did CS reach out to you and get it fixed yet? Or did you pay another $38 again? I'm still waiting...waiting...and waiting...

sarahuwu

It took about 30 minutes for me to receive a signal after activating and cycling airplane mode. I'm still having the issue if my account being suspended even though I paid but I'm waiting for a CS agent to reply 

JNYC

Unfortunately I don’t have any service! Can’t make calls, can’t receive calls, and no data. 😭 I hope this issue will be resolved soon. 

sarahuwu

I have a pixel 4a 5G, the issue is with Public's billing system so resetting the network settings on my phone is not relevant, neither is the provisioning of the SIM

I have reached out via PM to CS but I assume they're getting some well needed sleep right now so I await their reply.

@sarahuwu 

What phone do you have?

Try Clicking Reset All Networks or Reset Network Settings and see if it goes

Again, if that does not help, please message support for sim re-provision

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

sarahuwu

I have a signal and I'm able to enable the eSIM but I'm unable to make a call or use data, the cell data icon shows an ! next to it and when trying to make a call it fails with an automated message saying "Your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again, or call client care at *611"  

@JNYC @sarahuwu

you both have downloadeded the app and ran through the subscription process till the end?  And do you have service now??

and @sarahuwu, confirm if you have eSim installed and check if you can enable it and try outgoing calls

We have seen this issue before and it is possible you need to engage support to fix it on the system 

Labvirus

Same issue here, but I fear I will miss the new promo as I payed on the 18th and want to new 40 gig plan....

JNYC

I have the exact same problem too, just that I have a physical SIM. 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sarahuwu I would avoid paying twice. The site has been a little clunky today so I would wait and check back tomorrow to see if the transaction shows as successful. 

If you continue to have issues, you can contact a customer service agent so that they can investigate the payment. You can reach out to them using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will respond in your community inbox so keep an eye out for your little envelope icon.

Need Help? Let's chat.