cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me or is the website not letting anyone else activate a new account?

irritatedaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried for over an hour last night, tried again early this morning and trying again now. I am continually waiting for the next step to load before resulting in an error. I finally got one step further just now (it told me to download the app) but then I try logging in on the app and am getting errors again.

Is the service always this awful or is it just Black Friday or just bad luck for me specifically?

4 REPLIES 4

irritatedaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I have an active account now and have started my number transfer… although I'm worried that it's been several minutes and my eSIM still isn't active. I think my old number was already deactivated also so I might be without a phone at the moment. Whoops.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@irritatedaf Nope, the service & websites aren't usually this slow. I suspect that all cellphone companies are having similar issues with their servers today lol. If you visited shopping malls yesterday, there were lineups at every cellphone kiosk with tons of people trying to jump on Black Friday deals. Imagine how many others are trying to navigate onto these websites behind the scenes. 

Just continue being patient and try to refresh the site every once in a while. I'm sure you will have success sooner or later! Good luck 🙂 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@irritatedaf  No it’s not just you , site is slow and overwhelmed with new activations and Black Friday promo plans just have to keep trying unfortunately 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @irritatedaf 

No. It's not normally like THIS. Black Friday is the reason why everything is so slow right now. The app is slow too but I was able to get to the part where I can change plans. Took about 5 minutes. 

Need Help? Let's chat.