cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canceled but autopay charged me

derpaderr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey all!

i canceled my subscription the same day as my billing cycle but autopay still went through anyway and charged my card.

is there any way to get this refunded? i haven't use the service at all.

thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@derpaderr wrote:

No, there was a charge to my account 2 days before the renewal day.

Public Mobile doesn't charge credit cards 2 days before renewals. Likely, the renewal date was actually January 24th instead of January 26th.  Please remember that all currently advertised plans are either 30 days or 90 days long and there is no such thing as a montly plan at Public Mobile.  Unfortunately, if your renewal was on January 24th, this means that autopay was disabled too late to prevent your plan from renewing and there usually are no refunds.

derpaderr

No, there was a charge to my account 2 days before the renewal day.

@derpaderr wrote:

hi there,

yes this is toggled off to say unsubscribed 

That's your best bet @derpaderr , is to turn off the subscription status.

Other than successfully porting (moving) your number to another mobile service provider, there's no other way to cancel your PM account when auto-pay is enabled.  

Some say the Customer Support Agents can do it for you internally, however I would personally rely on the actions you've now taken to terminate the service if not porting elsewhere.

Be polite and kind to the CS Agent who replied to you and I'm betting they'll offer a refund of the most recent cycle charge.

@

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Billing occur in a wee hours of renewal day so most likely you were Late as bill has been already produced.

HI @derpaderr 

take a screenshot and open ticket with CS agent by message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

derpaderr

hi there,

yes this is toggled off to say unsubscribed 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.

Public Mobile Team.

HI @derpaderr 

if you login My Account (using Incognito/Private/secret mode), go to Payment, click Manage Subsripton.

there is a toggle for Subscribed, is it showing toggled on or off?  It is where it should be turned off if you don't want autopay anymore. 

hTideGnow_0-1706553362235.png

If it is still on like my screenshot above , and you never disable that toggle, then you didn't do it properly and hence PM is charging you.  Please turn it off while you are there

derpaderr

i see what happened - autopay charged me more than a day before my billing cycle 😕 my billing cycle was set to start jan 26 and it charged my card at 2:29am on january 24.

derpaderr

thanks for your reply! it doesn't say if autopay is off or on, it just shows my card that is listed as a payment method and i cannot remove it without adding another card.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@derpaderr : You need to contact the service agent through private message at ://productioncommunithttpsy.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 in order for them to investigate your payments and if there's an error issue a refund. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @derpaderr 

so, you properly disable Autopay?  Can you login My Account again using Incognito/Private/Secret mode on your browser and check if it shows autopay enabled or not (Payment page, Manage Subscription, the toggle for Subscribed)

if you are certain Autopay was turned off, please submit a ticket with CS agent and ask them to check

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

Need Help? Let's chat.