cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Text Message but can use make phone calls

DABE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up with Public Mobile last night.   I entered my old phone ESN online when I was setting with Public Mobile as it asked if I wanted to keep my phone number and it asked for the current provider. I was using an older phone with my current proivider and thought that this was the ESN they required to transfer my service.   However, I have a newer phone that I am trying to use with the Public Mobile SIMS card.   I had a text message come from Public mobile on the newer phone as I have the SIMS card in it, the message  says I have to complete the online form with the ESN.  I tried to follow the instructions provided. It said  to go to the publicmobile.ca and  click on Contract and complete the SIMS and Activaction online form.   It says I will need to correct the ESN from the previous provider.   So Public mobile needs the ESN from the phone I am going to use with the SIM card.   I cannot find Contract anywhere to add the ESN and previous provder of this newer home.  Hopefully I can get some help.  Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

DABE

Thanks Carlos for all your Help!!   Thanks to other members who also helped.  Your prompt efficient service was appreciated!

DABE

So greatful for the help of the Moderator team.   They solved our problems quickly!! My Wife's phone was locked with another company and the moderator team was knowledgeable and identified this and encouraged us to call the other company.  After a few calls we got the code and problem was solved.  Thanks again.  Our phone service is up and running great with Public Mobile.

DABE

Problem solved,a moderator was more then helpful.  Thanks Moderator team for all your help!

SonyaBedo

My problem right now what did you do to fix this problem?

SonyaBedo

Sorta the same thing happening to me, put in the sims card, couldn’t send or receive text or calls shut off my phone and turn it back on I can call people but that’s it and the IEMI provider linked with my phone is still bell when I search it but meanwhile on my phone is shows PM

Carlos_Z
Customer Support Agent

Hi there. 

Let us give you a hand! 

Please click here to get in touch with a moderator. 

All the best!

Carlos. 

DABE

Let me know what the the moderator has to say to fix the problem.  Thanks

benmcinnes4

I signed up with PM on Friday and I'm having a similar problem. I can't get texts from iPhones. It's not an iMessage issue and my number has ported over. I'm in the process of talking with a moderator but it takes a long time. 

DABE

I wrote a message to the Moderator.  Thanks

DABE

Thank you, I only filled the spaces required.  The problem is I filled in the online form using the phone information from the  phone I was currently using and not the phone I wanted to put on the plan.  I thought they were asking for this information so I could keep my tel number and for them to check with my provider.   The phone I wanted to use with Public mobile is a phone I never used before and purchased from another person. I have contacted Public mobile now for assistance.  Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DABE, personally I would avoid using IMEI as verification information for number porting.  It is not so easy to track which phone the previous provider has kept in their logs.  I suggest using the account number and leaving the IMEI and PIN fields blank.  Only one of the three fields are needed. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Strange..I would write a message to the moderator..and you will have some help here or with them...waiting time with moderator few hours to 2 days...Smiley Frustrated be patient..

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If you just transferred the number last night it may not be complete yet, can you still get texts on your old phone? In case there is an issue with the newer phone you should check the IMEI here: https://www.imei.info/
You can try going into your Public Mobile account and report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found, then restart your phone.

If it's still not working you may have a port issue, you should send a private message to a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.