cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

harman1189
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I decided to make a switch/port to PM last night and did everything myself. On the very last step online I got an error - something went wrong, don't panic, log out and log in again or start again. So after logging in I can see my account is active and CC has also been charged, there was no notification initially from either side, but early morning I got email from existing provider that my service has been cancelled. 

Now I've inserted PM sim card and I still see NO SERVICE - apparently I'm left with no phone service and so far not a single email from PM confirming anything. 

1. Does it happen often or there's some problem? 

2. Is my existing number still there? I hope I've not lost it. 

11 REPLIES 11

harman1189

I guess that is true. 

I appreciate you guys helping here. 

@harman1189 wrote:

Okay, Thanks guys. 

I guess waiting is the only option, though I don't have service anymore. 

Sorry, an unfortunate cost of low cost carriers. But once this is sorted I am sure you will enjoy the service. And you can always get quick answers form the community.

harman1189

Okay, Thanks guys. 

I guess waiting is the only option, though I don't have service anymore. 

@harman1189 wrote:

So my old sim is not working anymore. 

I've actually sent 2 messages to the Mods, 1 at night and 1 in the morning (with the same update) but in the latest message I've not included the account details again or any information about sim number. 

Shall I send another message? I've read here that each message actually pushes you down in the queue. 

That is not true, you do not get pushed down, but with that said sending mutiple messages will not help. As long as you included the required information in one of the messages, all you can do is wait.

harman1189

So my old sim is not working anymore. 

I've actually sent 2 messages to the Mods, 1 at night and 1 in the morning (with the same update) but in the latest message I've not included the account details again or any information about sim number. 

Shall I send another message? I've read here that each message actually pushes you down in the queue. 

You might need to contact moderator, but the wait times are unfortunately 2-3 days for response.  

In the meantime, the community members can offer other suggestions, but direct account issues need to be dealt with by moderators.  

Try to put in your old SIM card into your phone just to make sure that your old service is definitely closed.  Sometimes you get the email, but the old service is still active.  If active, you can still use until moderator sorts things out.  

The interesting thing is that if the port is "partial", you should get some kind of service.  Able to call/ext out...... unable to receive calls, etc.    so I think that something happened with the initial port.....  like as if it did not happen....

@harman1189 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

So I've tested it on iPhone 6 and iPhone 8 and still get NO SERVICE. 

It's close to 12 hours now since I initiated the transfer. And my existing provider sent me an email of cancellation some 6 hours ago. 

So I'm not sure what exactly is the status right now. 

Have you tried your old sim?  I know you said you got an email but it is worth a shot to see if it is still working so that you have a working phone.  Have you contacted the Moderators?  Their response time is around 48 hours or more.  Another trick you could try that has worked for some people when their self serve account says that their phone is active but they have no service is they have gone in and logged into self serve and go and reporte tehir phone lost or stolen this will deactivate the SIM.  They wait about 5 minutes then go back in and say they have found the phone and this re-activates the sim.  Not sure if this will work in this case but it is worth a shot to see if the "re-boot" of the SIM helps. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you old provider canceled you number, it means the port went through, but there was an issue during activation of the sim 

Assuming you tried logging into selfserve? No luck?

You need to send message to mods with sim number and account details. See below.  Expect a 48hr+ rely time at the moment.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

@harman1189 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

It's close to 12 hours now since I initiated the transfer. And my existing provider sent me an email of cancellation some 6 hours ago. 

You may want to send a message to the MODs.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."

Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  '

In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin? Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply? Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received. Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

harman1189

Thanks for the reply. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@harman1189

1. Porting issues do happen.  If you ported from another mobile company, it usually takes 2-3 hours to complete port.  

2.  Your existing number should be fine once the port is complete.  

Which phone do you have?  Just to make sure that it is compatible with Public Mobile.  Do you have an extra phone that you could put the PM SIM card?  To determine whether it is a hardware issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

Need Help? Let's chat.