cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service out of Country

Snow4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why do I not have service for Roaming Talk / Text when it has taken my money?? This happened to my Wife a few days ago and now to me!!  I know that Public Mobile is C#ap, but I expect to at LEAST get what I pay for. I'm stranded  out of Country with NO SERVICE. 

10 REPLIES 10

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Snow4   Send a private message instead to CS_Agent using the links provided in earlier posts.

Snow4

Tried to open a ticket several times but kept getting 404 'not found' or Oooops......

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Snow4 

Public Mobile is a 3rd tier provider. It’s best to buy a local sim in the US if you want reliable service.

When original add-on expires after 360 hours, you can try to re-buy after 24 hours has elapsed. Otherwise if you try to re-buy same add-on, there can be a known glitch occur...you'd need CSA help to correct.

@Snow4 renew a roaming add-on?  you need to wait 24 hours after the earlier one expired before rebuy the exact same one. 

To rebuy without wait, open ticket with support.  It is a process, but follow this and you can open ticket easily

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Which country are you in @Snow4 ? If not in USA, then there is no services available or addons outside.

"Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands."

Since it kinda sounds like you are in the USA, was this the 2nd Roaming addon purchased right after the first expired (or near expired) ?

Buying back to back of the same type of roaming addon before the full 360 hours (15 days) + 12-24 hours after (this is the frustrating part) is what needs to be done.

If you are in this boat, you may need CSA to help you sort that out.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Or, try buying a different type/bucket of Roaming addon to get your service up and running, then connect with CSA after to adjust anything on your account if needed.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this the first add-on you've purchased for this trip? Or a re-buy?

Public is not responsible for the coverage provided by T-Mobile both for LTE and 2G. If you're out of their coverage area then that does not make this place C#ap.

Adding - Re-buying has always been a problem. You either need to wait upwards to 24 hours to re-buy it yourself, or buy the different bundle when the prior on flips to 0/15 or ask support to re-buy it for you.

Snow4

I'm in USA.  It's been working for months now. I'm with T-Mobile, simply wanted to renew which I did. But every time I rewnew there's some sort of Issue.  No issue when Public takes my money though.

Also now it's impossible to open a ticket. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Which country, @Snow4 

PM only works in the USA when a US Roaming add-on is purchased.

They last for 15 days when purchased.

You need to connect to the T-Mobile network when down there for it to work.   Calling may require 2G connection on your device due to the decommissioning of the 3G network down there.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Snow4 you have to. understand it could be slightly trickier to connect to US network which is sometime out of PM'a control, especially with Talk Text roaming

With US talk roaming, it is relying on T-Mobile 's 2G network, which is older technology and less coverage. 

Which city and state you are at??

Try to manually connect to T-MOBILE and change the Network type to 2G and see if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.