cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service at All

1Zhougra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just jointed PM, the activation was on June 1, 2022. So far I can only receive messages from PM, 611.

I have following problems:

1. all incoming calls directly go to voice mail, cannot receive incoming messages other than PM

2. outgoing message say "waiting for connection" 

3. outgoing calls say "Mobile network not available"

I ported my old number from Speak out to PM. Was the porting unsuccessful?

Please let me know what is the problem, and who to contact for help. 

Thank you.

Grace

10 REPLIES 10

Alex799

tried that seems to be working ?

@Alex799    Have you tried any of the suggestions mentioned earlier in this thread?  OP found success with removing and reinserting the SIM card.  You could also try putting the SIM in a compatible spare phone and rebooting and then transfer the SIM back to your phone.

edit:  BTW, if you need customer support for help, then use one of the links provided by @softech to submit a ticket or private message to CSA's.

Alex799

i have same issue i joined may 30 2022 this is crazy no help whatsoever from public Mobil if i cant get help i wil cancel it completely this is a joke  

1Zhougra

@softech Yes, it was a quick fix, glad all works now, thank you for your help:)

1Zhougra

@darlicious Thank you. I agree. There are so many great answers, I am glad to join the Great PM Family:)  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@1Zhougra 

Welcome to public mobile!

Great use of the search bar its a very underutilized handy dandy tool!

@1Zhougra wrote:

Thank you @softech  I removed SIM card and reinserted, now my phone works.

Hi @1Zhougra   That was a quick fix.  

So, incoming calls work too?  

Glad it all works out

1Zhougra

Thank you @softech  I removed SIM card and reinserted, now my phone works.

1Zhougra

Hello all,

I searched previously answers to "No Service" and followed the instructions:

For incoming calls, try:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone for a few days to see if the issues are the same...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

I just took out the SIM card and reinserted, now everything works.

Thanks.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@1Zhougra When you check your phone, does the status bar shows No Network? or SIM not provisioned? or does it show connected?

did you try your PM SIM on another phone?

It sounds to me it is a SIM provisioning issue.  It is a quick fix for PM Support and you just need to open a ticket with them.  Please open the ticket here:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.