cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service all of a sudden?

socialserviette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is showing no service. I saw on Public Mobile's home page that they changed networks, and this requires a new SIM card? I just got a new SIM card, does this mean I have to buy a new one - and for that matter all Public Mobile customers have to buy a new one?

Thanks 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@socialserviette 

Just to be sure,  check out https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/ to make certain device hasn't become blacklisted. 

Unlikely, but possible, depending on where/how it was acquired.

You "think"?

I'm pretty sure you know it is just the distribution re where/how to get a SIM card,  @esjliv 

I can't imagine too many will misinterpret that. 

Just my opinion.   😁

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@socialserviette @If you just bought a new SIM card you shouldn’t need to buy another one … but yes all customers had to buy a SIM card initially to get service unless SIM card was gifting to them … only other potential case one was giving a activated SIM card …. But you can first rebooting the phone or try SIM in another device to see if the services work and or try an known to work SIM in your phone to rule out the possibility of it being your device itself 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@socialserviette  - oh, did you see this perhaps ?

esjliv_0-1674520096772.png

If it was this, I think that is just referring to how to obtain SIM cards.

edit

But I can see how it could be misunderstood.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@socialserviette  - you likely don't need a new SIM card. Where did you see about requiring a new one, do you have a screenshot?

You may just need to be reconnected to the Public Mobile network.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily)

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@socialserviette   PM's homepage that they changed network???

login to My Account and confirm if your account status is ACTIVE.  Or call from a landline to 18554PUBLIC, enter your phone number and see if your line is active

reboot your machine once

add: NO, we don't have to buy new sim card.  

Need Help? Let's chat.