cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service Error Message - Toronto, ON

Shelby4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At around noon today my service lapsed and now my phone shows "No Service". It doesnt seem like there are outages in the area - anyone else having that? 
Tried restarting phone a few times, taking SIM out, and changing from LTE to 3G. Still showing "No Service"... 

I also am unable to get into My Account; my password won't work (hasn't changed) and when I attempt to reset it says "resetting password cannot be performed at this time" or something along those lines. I have autopay enabled and last payment was October 7 so it shouldn't be an issue with my payment ... card hasn't changed.

11 REPLIES 11

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Shelby4 

Try checking the outage map for your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

@Shelby4   Sorry to hear that you're without service, especially since you are unwell and probably the last thing you want to worry about is your phone service.  Maybe it's a temporary network or tower issue and will resolve itself shortly, hopefully. 

I think if there was a major network outage, there would be many other customers posting about lack of service too.

If you don't get service back within the next hour or so, then you could submit a ticket to customer support via chatbot here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Shelby4

I don't have this ability at the moment and require usage before I will be able to leave the house to do so. 

Shelby4

Sick as a dog in bed right now. Are there ways to confirm this (outage maps etc)? A quick Google led me to a few but all show normal and none specific to PM.
(Thank you for all the help, I'm tech challenged).

Hi @Shelby4 it sounds like a network outage in your area.  Would help if you can test the phone in another area

Shelby4

Don't have another phone to test SIM in but I did change the credit card on My Account on October 4th .. but autopay was taken out October 7 after that happened and worked fine. 

Shelby4

Don't have another phone to test SIM in but I did change the credit card on My Account on October 4th .. but autopay was taken out October 7 after that happened and worked fine. 

Shelby4

*611 won't work. Says "calling" but does not ring. This goes on for nearly a full minute then the call drops.
Service tested in a few areas but all within 20 min radius of current location. None work.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you try your sim in another phone?

Can you check your phone at devicecheck.ca.

Did you possibly deal with a credit card problem recently?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shelby4- Can you test your SIM in another device? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Shelby4 try calling *611 and see if your account is active

And , would you be able to test the service in another area?

For My Account, I was already to login without problem just 30 mins ago, so the site is up

Need Help? Let's chat.