cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G on Samsung A52 5G

Norbit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I am using a Samsung A52 5G, it used to pull 5G from Telus, Bell.

I have added a 5G Public mobile plan, unfortunately it does not pull 5G. My area support fully 5G, I have tested my public mobile 5G Sim to an iPhone 14 and it does pull 5G no problem.  I have also used another Bell mobility SIM on my A52 5G and it does 5G no problem.. I'm puzzled a bit.   Under connection, mobile network mode it is set to: Auto connect. Cell network setting s were reset as well. 

I added the following config from PM help site:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
Multimedia message proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
Multimedia message port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type:
APN type: default,ia,mms,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: gid
Mobile virtual network operator value: 4D4F

--------------------------------------------

Restart your phone to apply new Mobile Internet APN settings.

It still does not pull 5G.. Could it be that it is not compatible with PM 5G?

• 5G - 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
  • Speed: HSPA, LTE, 5G

Since this phone was bought at Telus, I assume it should support PM.

Thank You

9 REPLIES 9

DGA69

5G is working now! Not sure if it was something PM did? Or my phone updated this morning to UI 6.1, maybe that was it?

Whatever it was I'm glad it's working now! 🙂

DGA69

I have the same phone & was getting 5G with Virgin but the minute I switched to PM I'm only getting LTE. 

I sent in a ticket & was chatting with an agent. Then they referred me to a techie who actually phoned me. They're trying to resolve the issue.

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have this same phone (Samsung A52 5G) and my phone displays 5G when I am in a 5G area. Which version of the phone do you have? The Canadian model is SM-A526W. Go to Settings > About phone and check Model name. If it does not have W on the end then you don't have the Canadian model. Phones from other countries may sometimes have problems connecting to Canadian carriers.

When my phone got the Android 14 update I did a factory reset. When the phone restarted it connected to PM automatically, no problem. I did not need to mess with APN or anything else. I checked the APN (which is provided by PM automatically and not editable) and it is exactly as described on the PM web site. I did not need to add it.

Your welcome🙂.

Yes you should have no problem with Google Pixel 8.

Norbit

Therefore a Google Pixel 8 would do 5G fine on PM? 

Thanks Sansan

They use the same band but blocked on PM due to agreement between Samsung and PM. I have the S20 5G. Same issue.

Norbit

Is PM utilize a different band than Bell and Koodo/Telus on the Galaxy A52 5g model?  I am able to pull 5G with Telus.. strange

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Norbit 

This seems to be an issue with 5G displaying on Samsung phones on PM but it doesn’t mean that it is working at 5G speeds.

Do a speed test on LTE and see if the speed is around 250mbps.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

The Samsung series does not support 5g on PM.  Samsung has to release an update, which very unlikely.  You can still have better speed if you have a 5g plan to that of 4g or 3g speed.

Need Help? Let's chat.