cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user trying to activate eSim. Getting "SUBSCRIPTION NOT ACTIVATED" message.

MattVanBraak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to switch my number from Fido to public. I entered my phone number to switch and fido account number. It loaded for a bit, then gave me the "SUBSCRIPTION NOT ACTIVATED" message and I cannot go back or do anything... Please help

10 REPLIES 10

MattVanBraak

Also, I do not see the "Cellular Plan Label" or "Turn on this line". I don't think the eSIM ever get enabled.

MattVanBraak

There is no Public Mobile on the Settings > Cellular. I only see Fido, then below that it says Add eSIM.

@MattVanBraak wrote:

I will explain the screen I am on.

There is a Log Out in the top left, "step 6 of 6" in the middle" Then it says "Subscription not activated" "Something didn't go right while activating your subscription. Click below to contact a customer support agent"

Use this link to send a message to Customer Support...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@MattVanBraak and no Public Mobile eSim on Settings > Cellular screen or on the Sim Manager screen??

MattVanBraak

I will explain the screen I am on.

There is a Log Out in the top left, "step 6 of 6" in the middle" Then it says "Subscription not activated" "Something didn't go right while activating your subscription. Click below to contact a customer support agent"

@MattVanBraak it is very likely the PM eSIM is there already, just not enabled. If you see it there, follow the steps on my earlier post to enable and setup on the phone 

Check Settings > Cellular again to confirm

if not there , also try:

1. Click Logout on top left of the screen on the app
  2. Wait 5 mins for the system to configure on the back end. 
  3. Then log in again using the Email  and Password. 
  4. The app will then  sends a code to the Email again,.  Enter the code
  5. and you will see the prompt  'Confirm for Full Access' and your Activation will be completed after

For PM ticket, they usually reply within the same day

MattVanBraak

I was in the middle of activating the eSim, and that is when the error popped up and I cannot go back. I have the public mobile app already, that is where I was registering my eSim.

I have an iPhone 12, in the cellular tab in the settings it allows me to use a qr code to activate a new eSim but I did not get a QR code in my email. I have already opened a ticket, how long will it take for a response?

MattVanBraak

Yes, I have the app downloaded and I entered all of my information. When I clicked activate it gave me the "Please wait a few minutes, do not close the app" message. Then after about a minute, it gave me the "SUBSCRIPTION NOT ACTIVATED" message.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MattVanBraak 

maybe it is  installed but just not enabled and setup on the phone properly.

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MattVanBraak 

you are trying to activate using the Public Mobile app...right ?

Need Help? Let's chat.