cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public Mobile - very good first experience

anthem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I am a new subscriber to PM. I have been reading the forum over the past few days as I waited for my SIM card to arrive and I was quite worried about how the activation process would go.

I just want to say it was a simple 5 minute process and the Public Mobile app finished the activation with no issues. 

Now, my situation was a simple one. No Esim, no porting of an existing number. Just an activation of a new sim and new phone number. This may be why there were no issues.

I bought the 30gb plan along with a $5 sim from Public Mobile. My advice, buy the sim from Amazon. I bought a second sim from Amazon and it arrived next day. Still waiting for Public Mobile sim (no tracking).

Completion of the activation requires you to use the app. You login and click the button to complete activation. It will jump to step 5 of 6. You shouldn't have to enter your credit card info again as you entered it when you bought the plan/sim combo.

Enter Sim, select your location, select a new phone number, finish the activation. 

Now, to complete the process 100%, you will need to install the sim and retrieve the 6 digit code public mobile sent to your new phone number. Retrieve the code, enter it into the app and you are done.

Overall I am very impressed. I hope this comment helps anyone looking to subscribe to Public Mobile.

4 REPLIES 4

anthem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@anthem 

what a refreshing summary of your experience.

Mostly, we read from customers who are very frustrated either because they expect something that isn’t offered or didn’t want to take the time to read and understand how to do things here.

There are a few who have legitimate issues that need customer support assistance, but they are fairly rare for those willing to take  control of matters and do a bit of research and reading here.

Good on you!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@anthem 

welcome to Public Mobile. Stick around and perhaps assist a newbie in their activation and perhaps you'll earn enuff Points to lower your cost of next renewal.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@anthem  Well said and welcome to public mobile  🙂 

Need Help? Let's chat.