cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim not working

PJA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My number has been released by the old carrier and is in “limbo” so the port over procedure was unsuccessful to my Public Mobile sim.  Help.

6 REPLIES 6

PJA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My issue has been resolved!  The sim card was defective.  Luckily a free sim came with it so I was able to switch it out to activate.

thank you very much to everyone for your input! 😃

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PJA wrote:

My number has been released by the old carrier and is in “limbo” so the port over procedure was unsuccessful to my Public Mobile sim.  Help.

@PJA - have you gotten this figured out yet ?

I have private messaged you a phone number for porting issues ONLY, if you are still having issues.

OR, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @PJA   unsuccessful?  your old provider sim still wokring and able to receive calls?

First, is your PM SIM working?  can you make calls ?  You likely cannot receive , but can you make calls out/

(SIM not working so replaced ..... Luddite)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you may have to reinitiate porting process, make sure you have old sim and old account is still in good standing

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PJA , if your number transfer was not successful, that means your old service should still be working.  Is the Public Mobile account in active status?  Is the old SIM no longer working?  If you need assistance with navigating the account problems, use the chatbot link at the bottom of the webpage to initiate a support ticket.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave OLD SIM in your phone and replied YES within 90 minutes after initiating port?

Need Help? Let's chat.