cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sign up - very confused

marie60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1.  I entered my physical sim when signing up, but I have no idea when or how I will be notified to change out my old provider sim for the PM sim.  Help please.

2.  I received a 611 message immediately after sign up indicating I have a PIN.  No PIN received, nothing in junk, trash, etc.  Help please.

7 REPLIES 7

@marie60  Your welcome , I to wrote a thread about this very issue myself awhile back have a look 

Activation steps backwards

Some activation steps are backwards - Community

marie60

Thank you.  First issue is solved, PIN issue hopefully not an issue based on your comment.

marie60

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.  This vital step is missing in the setup documentation (see hairbag1).  Much appreciated.

marie60

Thank you!  I got this working based on Handy1's comments.  I read this over and over, both before and after I started, and realized the missing piece is what Handy1 wrote:  "Did you reply YES to old providers text to port number over ? If you did then try the PM SIM card in the phone and reboot the device . You should be good to go."  

@marie60 wrote:

1.  I entered my physical sim when signing up, but I have no idea when or how I will be notified to change out my old provider sim for the PM sim.  Help please.

2.  I received a 611 message immediately after sign up indicating I have a PIN.  No PIN received, nothing in junk, trash, etc.  Help please.

There will actually be no notice given of when the old provider's SIM card should be removed.  Your old carrier will send a text message asking for approval for transferring the phone nubmer to Public Mobile, but the only notice given that the porting has actually been completed will actually only be receive if your Public Mobile SIM card is in the phone.  I would suggest keeping your old carrier's SIM card in your device until that old service stops working.

As for the Public Mobile account PIN, the activation process use to have cusotmers select one.  To my knowledge, there is no longer any account PIN for new Public Mobile accounts.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@marie60  Did you reply YES to old providers text to port number over ? If you did then try the PM SIM card in the phone and reboot the device . You should be good to go 

Need Help? Let's chat.