cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some activation steps are backwards

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

As the title says some activation steps are backwards so I just set up new account and decided to take advantage of free sim card to be mailed to me . So paid before activating here’s the interesting part . After paying for plan site tells me to wait until I get SIM card to complete ok . Since I already have spare SIM card on hand I decided to complete the activation only then I had to log out to log back in . It immediately says wrong email or password  so I select forgot password and change it to the very same password . So strange so then I continue on and the site tells me not to put the sim card in just yet I will be prompted to put it in 

Handy1_0-1703632623723.jpeg

So at this point I’m just selecting a temp phone number from PM and then it activates the sim and then site tells me we noticed you already have account confirm full access 

Handy1_1-1703632746455.jpeg

Site still hasn’t told me to insert the SIM card just yet . But from experience  I know better if I don’t insert the sim I won’t get the code .so I go ahead and insert the sim  . And get the code and confirm full  access . LOL then site says welcome to  public mobile your account is active and you can now insert the SIM card LOl  

Handy1_2-1703633107103.jpeg

This should have happened before asking to confirm full access and the password not working until i used forgot password  and put same password  back in . If I was brand new to PM and had no activating experiences I would have been lost this activation process needs some tweeks . It’s no wonder so many have issues with activation  @J_PM

3 REPLIES 3

LunaZen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Agreed - the overly complex/buggy transfer process almost turned me off signing up (referred by friend) and makes me think twice about referring others 🫣 

@hairbag1  It really shouldn’t and i still think it’s easier to activate when you have SIM card right in hand before paying plan first . This pay first activate later is new to me so I wanted to test it to see fir myself and if I hadn’t spent so much time in community this past year I think I would have gave up to . What also happened that I didn’t mention was I got locked out for n hour before remembering ok I have to use the forgot password business . But it seems more complicated than it was before . Only thing. I do like is to be able to lock into a specific plan . And  it says SIM card will arrive jan 4 . But could I hang on to it like that for 6 monthes before actually activating it be interesting to know . Then when ever a good plan came up you can make sure you got locked in before your next renewal or a contract somewhere  else had to end  before you port number into new plan . and in the meantime if a better  plan then come out jump on it instead . Clarification on that would be nice to 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

you're so right. I've made recommendation to 2 friends, and they both got lost in the activation process also. I'm in a different city so can't help with hands -on.  They both decided to stay with their current provider rather than risk being lost on PM netherland w/o cell service for days or weeks. It shouldn't be this complicated to start a new account, should it.

Need Help? Let's chat.