cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plans

naddude
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It appears the new plans are better then the one I currently have. 

16 REPLIES 16

@naddude wrote:

Which rewards system is better?

It's not even close. If you're on the old one, stay on that reward program.

naddude

Which rewards system is better?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@naddude   While your grandfathered plan is definitely not competitive compared to some of the newer selections, I also don't think $37.50 plan is very good value for the price.  You should take a look at the list of plans available before making a decision. 

The selection seems to also differ from the self serve account (unless it's been updated) to what's available on PM's plan page.    Just select Plans/Add-ons on the left hand side of self serve, then Change My Plan and then click the arrow right of plans (desktop) to see the next plan (this arrow maybe on the bottom if viewing on a device).  There is also a tab at the top which separates the plans for 3G and 4G speed, so make sure to click the tab to view the different plans before making a decision and of course, it's always advised to Change at Next Renewal as mentioned earlier since PM doesn't prorate.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And?

Do you have a question?

LeePublic

@naddude Just keep in mind those are monthly prices, still, it's a lot cheaper to get the current plan prices.

@naddude wrote:

3 mos totaling 3 gig data 126$

@naddude 

Your old plan is grandfathered and not available anymore. Potential advantage with your old plan is the 90 day cycle. Otherwise, your price is not competitive these days. You should have 4G LTE data though.

Right now, you could get the following plans:

$37.50 for 2 GB LTE data/month

$41.25 for 4 GB LTE data/month

For 3G speed data plans, even cheaper

$25/month for 1GB 3G speed data/month

$35month for 3GB 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#4G

If you do decide to change plans, I would recommend at next renewal date. PM does not pro-rate plans.  If you change earlier, you will lose whatever is remaining in your original plan.

LeePublic

@naddude  Wow, that's expensive for the price! You can get the 2 GB for $37.50 at 4G speed, 3GB for $35 at 3G speed, or if you are a lighter user, get the $25 1 GB at 3G speed.

naddude

3 mos totaling 3 gig data 126$

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @naddude possible the new plans better.  So, which plan you have now?    but yes, old rewards can get new plans too 😉

@naddude wrote:

Yes I know thanks. But are all the old rewards under the old plans transferable?

YES. Your rewards are tied up with your Account, not plan. So you can change plans every 30 days if you desire and rewards will stay as is (unless you by accident switch to points).

LeePublic

@naddude Yes, as long as you haven't changed to the new rewards program. The grandfathered rewards program will stay the same.

@naddude 

Yes. All rewards are attached to your account not the plan!

So go ahead and switch plan with no worries!

naddude

Yes I know thanks. But are all the old rewards under the old plans transferable?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you see better (for you) plan than what you currently have, just go ahead and change it!

Schedule plan change on next renewal and you are good to go.

askanasteja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That Is fair.

As time goes forward, new licenses are acquired, access is more levelled and competition arises, it is natural for a companies plans to grow. Luckily you can change this by going to settings, plan, select a new plan, and reviewing the offerings that may be best for you! Unlike other major competitors, there are no cold calls or service calls to sell or upgrade you. The community was created to put the power in your hands and give you the power to customize your plan and service! One of the many benefits of Public Mobile 🙂

Cheers!

Metal1967

@naddude  Pick one.. then schedule it to change at next renewal.. note.. the plan you have now may not be available once you switch 

Need Help? Let's chat.