cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan not charged

Marchibald56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a text message from public mobile offering me a new plan to which I replied yes, and their response was it would start September 5th. Yesterday I received notification from my bank that the regular (old plan) price was charged to my account. It should of been $5 more for the new plan. Wondering who I need to contact to ensure the new plan is activated? The chat feature appears to be bots that are not recognizing my concern

21 REPLIES 21

Nice update. After clicking all the little spinner refresh icons lower down, would you be willing to provide a screenshot of your overview page showing the plan side and the add-on side. Maybe even all the way down under the Shop Add-ons button. Don't show any personal info. (or several images if you're using the app)

Marchibald56

They didn't offer me an explanation, but after speaking to them and sending a screenshot of my offer etc. They did immediately switch the plan over and charge me the additional $5 plus tax

@Chalupa_Batman I agree, I'd never blame them for a lack of information being made available to them. But we all need to be aware that their responses are not necessarily the end all be all, so I'll continue to advise accordingly. And to @dust2dust's point, be selective with the types of questions we ask them.

Regarding early credit card payments, again, that doesn't happen. You can change your plan or cancel auto pay right up until the day before your renewal date (renewal starts processing around midnight, and you could make changes up until a few hours before that). I've had auto pay setup for almost 3 years, on various credit cards which all show pending charges, and never have I seen an early authorization or charge. That's just not how credit cards work.

@Chalupa_Batman- Which is why I don't trust it when someone posts some kind of reply from an agent and it turns out to be all wrong. Which is why I don't ask agents these kinds of questions. Which is why it would be so much better to be able to have someone in the know at the company that would answer these kinds of questions that would have actual knowledge.
Or of course wait for actual real world experience from our wonderful community who know better anyway.

I'm starting to feel the same sometimes about some of the front line agents. But can't also blame them as well if Public Mobile isn't giving them the information a head of time for them to do their jobs properly. I think EVERYONE here can agree, Public Mobile had had and will continue to have issues with lack of and poor communication until someone steps in and says enough is enough. This latest SMS offer continues to show poor communication. The wording truly looks like a $25 5GB add on and not an actual plan. 

With regards to cc payments, didn't hear, just personal experience when seeing the payment on my cc. Tends to come a few days early than the plan renewal date. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What makes support even more dubious is that that agent is a senior agent. We already know the plan won't change at the next renewal.
So much for a nice, slick auto-plan change.

@Chalupa_Batman I'd take their advice with a grain of salt. Front line agents typically aren't privy to the back end workings.

Where did you hear that PM sends payment requests to the credit card companies 1-2 days before the renewal date? That isn't true. The great thing about credit card processing versus debiting a bank account via the clearing system, is that authorizations are instant.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello everyone.

I have been in contact with CS Agent Oana. They claim that once a member says YES to the SMS offer, they've been told it should take effect immediately on the next renewal date. So if the renewal date is the next day, Oana said it will take effect. 

I'm still not sure about that as PM sends payment requests to credit card companies a day or two before the actual renewal date. So even if it was to change, PM would short change themselves financially. 

I'm still under the belief that it will take 72 hours to take effect because of the time PM sends payment requests to to financial institutions. 

Oana has requested if further customers experience this to please forward them to a CS Agent to resolve.

With that being said @Marchibald56 please contact with the links below. If you wouldn't mind coming back here and sharing your experience of what was said so we may help others. Thank you.

You know, that could be correct too. It's nice that we have a great set of minds here at the forums to think outside the box to problem solve when PM isn't forthcoming on information that puts us helping members at a disadvantage. 

@will13am Bingo

My wild guess is that they might be collecting a database of customers accepting the plan offer right now and after September 5, they will do a batch update in the system.  Those renewing before September 5 will be caught out.  My spidey senses are reacting to the account not showing a future plan change right after accepting the offer. 

Guess we'll find out. I'm thinking... of course I'm just spitballing here. If it takes 72 hours for someone to receive their referral $10 promo reward, I'm thinking it should be roughly the same??  But this is just a guess. 

Yes on Wed. Goes into the system Thur. Add Fri and Sat. Then anything Sun and Mon should switch over. I'm thinking it JUST missed it. But once again...  this is just a guess. I need more coffee to think right. LOL

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Just a FYI, I've sent a message to a CS Agent to find out what time is required to complete a transfer to the new offer after saying YES. This way we all know for future questions. 🙂

Marchibald56

Your right text said by the 5th. Replied on Wednesday.  My plan renewed last night. May not of been enough time to process?

Marchibald56

Text was on Wednesday, charged last night old fee? May not of been enough time. I will attempt to get a hold of them tomorrow ty for your time

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I just think the auto-plan change isn't working.
Maybe in previous plan change offers the plan existed as a separate selectable entity. This one does not.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

From what I've read so far, it may take some time for the system to recognize and apply this new offer. The time you said YES to your renewal date may not have been enough time to switch. So it may switch on the next cycle. You can reach @Handy1 link to confirm it will start on the next cycle. Screenshot the conversation as proof. If it's not done by next cycle then contact them again. I just think it was a timing issue to be honest. 

@Marchibald56  My best guess is your plan renewal was yesterday and you got this text offer afterwards later that day and so it should change to this new plan you excepted by reply YES to on your next renewal date 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Check your renewal date by logging into your account. The offer had to be responded to be September 5th, but that's probably not your renewal date by the sounds of it. If you said yes before the 3rd when your account renewed, contact CS as noted by @Handy1 to ask them to fix it. Send them a screenshot of your text chain with the offer, if possible.

Marchibald56

If my renewal date is the 5th as stated in the accepted text received by them why did they charge my account last night according to my bank?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Marchibald56  Todays sept 3 , so if your renewal is the 5th it will be this tue . Also not the text offers have to be replied to by sept 5 and expire then . So maybe you have this date confused . Otherwise if you replied YES to the text the plan will change on your next renewal date 

Adding you can contact support @Marchibald56  using this direct link to confirm 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.